Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Songbook with a Sturmabteilung stamp?

Article about: I bought this songbook from an antique shop. It has the words for 32 songs such as the Horst wessel lied. I tried to look on the internet but I couldn't find any information about the stamp

?

Default Songbook with a Sturmabteilung stamp?

I bought this songbook from an antique shop. It has the words for 32 songs such as the Horst wessel lied. I tried to look on the internet but I couldn't find any information about the stamp on the cover. The letters S.A., well the first thing to come to my mind is the Sturmabteilung. I tried to look for a meaning for the word bedarf and I could find some translations saying that it means supply. Could it mean S.A-supply? Has anyone seen a stamp like this earlier? What do you think?

Here is what little information I could find about this book in german.
    Abb. 1: Deutsch ist die Saar

Liederlexikon

Reproductions(?) of books by the same publisher with some english information.
    Blog: Heinz Denckler booklets - work overview | Verlag Kopf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Songbook with a Sturmabteilung stamp?   Songbook with a Sturmabteilung stamp?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Songbook with a Sturmabteilung stamp?
    P
    Many

Quote by Xahtep View Post
    The letters S.A., well the first thing to come to my mind is the Sturmabteilung. I tried to look for a meaning for the word bedarf and I could find some translations saying that it means supply. Could it mean S.A-supply? Has anyone seen a stamp like this earlier? What do you think?
    In this context, "Bedarf" is probably best translated as "requisites". It's a stamp from a specialized SA outfitters' shop.

?

Interesting! Do you think the stamp is from the actual date of the book (1935) or do you mean that the SA outfitters shop is something like an antique shop that stamped its SA-related products?

A period stamp.

?

Interesting! Thank you for your help.