Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a Spanish Blue Division soldier with men of the Waffen SS?

Article about: Is this a Spanish Blue Division soldier(marked by my red arrow)with men of the Waffen SS? Looks like they are on a contruction site and sitting on marked pieces of stone. Was the Blue Divisi

Question Is this a Spanish Blue Division soldier with men of the Waffen SS?

Is this a Spanish Blue Division soldier(marked by my red arrow)with men of the Waffen SS? Looks like they are on a contruction site and sitting on marked pieces of stone. Was the Blue Division attached to the Waffen SS or only the regular army? Thanks!
    Is this a Spanish Blue Division soldier with men of the Waffen SS?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a Spanish Blue Division soldier with men of the Waffen SS?
    P
    Many

The Blue Division was part of the Heer. After the Division was disbanded a handful of members transfered into the Waffen SS. He is not one of them.

I think he is not Spanish but a POW? Maybe Belgian.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

He looks like the only one doing any work in that pic.

Semper Fi
    Phil

- - ------- - -

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    He looks like the only one doing any work in that pic.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Lol...yes he does look dirty and tired.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The Blue Division was part of the Heer. After the Division was disbanded a handful of members transfered into the Waffen SS. He is not one of them.

I think he is not Spanish but a POW? Maybe Belgian.

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree with Ade Maybe a POW the uniform doesn't look the same he looks much more worn out maybe just come from the front line?
    yet he looks to have some sort of cap badge on his hat.
    plus the one in the background looks to be wearing a flat cap.
    Note: he seems to be wearing shoes not boots from what I can see.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

it looks like a Spanish cap.

The 101st Company (Spanische-Freiwilligen Kompanie der SS 101, "Spanish Volunteer Company of the SS Number 101") of 140 men, made up of four rifle platoons and one staff platoon, was attached to 28th SS Volunteer Grenadier Division Wallonien and fought in Pomerania and Brandenburg as Soviet troops invaded eastern Germany. Later, as part of 11th SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier Division Nordland and under command of Hauptsturmführer der SS Miguel Ezquerra, the Company fought the last days of the war against Soviet troops in Berlin itself.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The Belgian Army wore this style of cap. The British Army copied the style (but only worn by certain Regt's. We call it a "Tent Hat"). I don't know the correct name for them in the Belgian Army.

These men will be POW's. Note they are not armed while the SS men are.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    The 101st Company (Spanische-Freiwilligen Kompanie der SS 101, "Spanish Volunteer Company of the SS Number 101") of 140 men, made up of four rifle platoons and one staff platoon, was attached to 28th SS Volunteer Grenadier Division Wallonien and fought in Pomerania and Brandenburg as Soviet troops invaded eastern Germany. Later, as part of 11th SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier Division Nordland and under command of Hauptsturmführer der SS Miguel Ezquerra, the Company fought the last days of the war against Soviet troops in Berlin itself.
    Very interesting Nick , in all my info on Nordland i have never seen any mention of an attached Spanish Kompanie where did this info originate ?

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Very interesting Nick , in all my info on Nordland i have never seen any mention of an attached Spanish Kompanie where did this info originate ?
    talk about it ,here

Spanische-Freiwilligen Kompanie der SS 101
    http://www.mve2gm.es/paises/bando-de...panie-der-ss-/

11º. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division "Nordland"
    http://www.mve2gm.es/paises/bando-de...22nordland%22/

maybe can illustrate its veracity
    Jedem das Seine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast