Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class

Article about: I would like to see better photos of the document posted in the paperwork section , it has a few potential issues whcih i would like cleared up !!

?

I would like to see better photos of the document posted in the paperwork section , it has a few potential issues whcih i would like cleared up !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class
    P
    Many

I posted this reply in the Paperwork section but I'll also post it here...

EK's were not awarded below the authorisation level of Division (with exceptions during the Crete campaign and for IR Großdeutschland prior to April 1942) and yet this one has been authorised by an Abteilung. That is a red flag.
    And the more I look at it the more I don't like the signature.

I've just had a look through my self-compiled files of known fake citation stamps and found this one that was on a faked Close Combat Clasp citation...

I've just had a look through my files of known fake citation stamps and found this one that was on a faked Close Combat Clasp citation...

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    I posted this reply in the Paperwork section but I'll also post it here...

EK's were not awarded below the authorisation level of Division (with exceptions during the Crete campaign and for IR Großdeutschland prior to April 1942) and yet this one has been authorised by an Abteilung. That is a red flag.
    And the more I look at it the more I don't like the signature.
    My feelings exactly Kevin , the stamp , the signature , unit details etc i'm not happy with either and well done for finding the fake stamp !! Not sure who Mario Schulze is but he needs to have another look !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Okay. I agree with you fully. So, you think that this is a repo? The only thing that is throwing me is that this is the correct size and it has wear and tear that would be expected for an item of this age.

?

Yeah I posted it in the paperwork forum and there has only been one response.

?

I am getting some more pics of the paperwork guys and thanks for the help!

?

Alright guys, here's some more pics. The ink looks correct (the separation of the iron in the German iron gall ink). Some more opinions!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class   SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class  

The effects of age can be easily, and regularly are, faked. Abit of cold tea/whiskey here, a bit of dirt there, fold it up and leave pressed under a heavy book for a couple of weeks and job done. The size issue is easily done and the actual citation itself might even be original but was a blank example which makes the fakers job easier, and there are plenty of companies that sell blank reproduction versions for the re-enactor market. It's knowing the finer details such as order of battle, commanders, dates and awarding authorities which sees alot of fakers make mistakes as that takes homework and reference libraries. At the end of the day the faker who made this has got what he wanted. This obviously came from somewhere which means someone originally paid money for it so the faker benefits in this case from someone not doing their homework. He probably churned out loads of different examples.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast