Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Ausweis/ID SS

Article about: Welcome everybody! I am so glad that I registerted at the forum. Since I was child, military is my interest. My grandparents served in the German Army. Possible, that's why it's really inter

Default SS Ausweis/ID SS

Attachment 764662Attachment 764663Welcome everybody!

I am so glad that I registerted at the forum. Since I was child, military is my interest. My grandparents served in the German Army. Possible, that's why it's really interesting for me. I collect a little bit. Today I want show SS Ausweis from my collection. If you are interest this item I can offer this for sale.

Best regards
    Natalia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ausweis/ID SS
    P
    Many

?

A sales pitch with your first post !!!

It's just curiority. I only wanted to show what I have.

?

Looks interesting, thanks for sharing.

We have classified section here on WRF, maybe that would be something for any items you have for sale?!

?

There are a couple of things that I notice on this piece. Firstly, that the recipient of the Ausweis is shown as being a member of the Allgemeine SS Standarte 98 (Mähr/Schönnberg) but is pictured wearing a runic collar patch. Secondly, his rank is given as 'SS-Schütze' when I would have expected it to be SS-Mann.

Regards, Philip

NOTE: Pictures of the items referred to can now be found in post 20 below
    Last edited by DrPMC; 11-16-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Thank you reply. SS-Schütze to basic level in the Waffen-SS, in other words it's equivalent SS-Mann in Allgemeine SS. I've read that these structures evolved every year. It's more complicated than we thinking. But what do you think indicates the Allgemeine SS?

Quote by Paul D View Post
    A sales pitch with your first post !!!
    With such a username it is hardly a surprise.

Welcome to the forum but abide by the rules. If you are showing this for discussion and also wish to sell it, then keep the sales pitch for the sales section and keep this thread for discussion.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by antique sales View Post
    Thank you reply. SS-Schütze to basic level in the Waffen-SS, in other words it's equivalent SS-Mann in Allgemeine SS. I've read that these structures evolved every year. It's more complicated than we thinking. But what do you think indicates the Allgemeine SS?
    The 98. SS-Standarte is an Allgemeine SS unit. The rank of Schütze, however, was only used in the Waffen-SS.

Moreover, the designation for this lowest rank varied according to branch. The man in the photograph is wearing an assault gun jacket. The rank designation for a basic-level private in an assault gun unit was SS-Kanonier.

This makes the rank doubly implausible.

I doubt any will be buying this as unless I am very much mistaken it seems to be a fake.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by antique sales View Post
    But what do you think indicates the Allgemeine SS?
    The Ausweis states: '? Sturm/SS.Standarte 98' - as I understand it, SS Standarte was an Allgemeine SS unit located in Mähr/Schönnberg. If this is incorrect, I'd be grateful to be corrected.

Edit - I note that HPL2008 has already confirmed this, so case closed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast