Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Canteen Vouchers

Article about: Hi Ade, I'm going to create a thread when I have a little more time, specifically about the Pramienschein from the camps and ghettos. Basically, there is nowhere near enough information out

?

Default Re: SS Canteen Vouchers

Hi Ade,

I'm going to create a thread when I have a little more time, specifically about the Pramienschein from the camps and ghettos. Basically, there is nowhere near enough information out there, so I'm going to attempt to rectify that slightly. The thread will show plenty of original examples, and some reproduction pieces too, such as those shown above. With these examples though, several issues were raised, including inconsistent background pattern, which should always be uniform, very high serial numbers which are regarded as a giveaway in their own right and the overall size also fails to correspond with known originals. The most commonly faked of the Buchenwald tokens are the 2RM Aussenkommando marked pieces, which began to appear 30 years ago, exactly when the owner prior to KradSpam acquired them. What was interesting with these pieces though, was that they have the correct 4mm high serial number digits, the reproduction tokens typically have digits that are 5mm high. I will go into more detail when I get the thread going anyway.

Regards,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Canteen Vouchers
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Canteen Vouchers

Apparently they didn't run so far into the serial number range shown on these Ade. Carl will elaborate in a concise thread he says, there were a couple of other small give away too. Ink detail, overall dimensions were slightly off. They are 99% accurate though, quite scary fakes.

Beat me to it Carl, I was sat with the reply window open for ages

?

Link to the thread mentioned earlier - the Buchenwald tokens are addressed on pages 2-3.

Concentration Camp and Ghetto Currency

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2