MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Document w/ Photo

Article about: Bought this at an auction, not sure why because I had no idea what it was. Sorry the pics are bad, wife has the good Nikon camera. Any thoughts/help? Thanks!

Default SS Document w/ Photo

Bought this at an auction, not sure why because I had no idea what it was. Sorry the pics are bad, wife has the good Nikon camera. Any thoughts/help? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Document w/ Photo   SS Document w/ Photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Document w/ Photo
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Document w/ Photo

SS Auweis.

See my thread about them here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...s-ausweis-891/

With the lousy pics, hard to say if yours is OK? Unusual to see a photo of a Heer Panzer soldier on it, but not impossible.

It stands a chance.

Cheers, Ade.

?

As Ade says better pics to give a proper opinion on this one !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Yes, as above...SS Ausweis. Hopefully, a good 'un!

Regards,

Carl

Sorry for the delay in better pics. I forgot all about this thread!! Ade, are these pics better or still lacking in detail? I can try to get better in a few days. Thanks for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Document w/ Photo   SS Document w/ Photo  

SS Document w/ Photo   SS Document w/ Photo  

?

Hi helmetone,

These photos are an improvement. Not great, but an improvement nonetheless. I'm not completely sure about this one either way to be honest though. Reason being, the 2nd pattern SS Ausweis usually has an imprinted adler near the Himmler facsimile if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong!). I'll try to show an image of what I mean in a moment, but I'll have to find the pic first. Plus, the metal ringlets that hold the photograph in place look quite shiny, possibly even new although this could be due to the lighting. Most period documents that I own or have seen, that have these ringlets present, show signs of age. The photograph of the SS man has me puzzled too...I'd like to see a clear shot of that because I'm asking myself "does he look a little young for somebody aged 36/37 years of age?".

Cheers,

Carl

?

Carl good points , a number of these types of Ausweiss have been getting flogged on fleabay recently with any old photo stuck on them . This photo is one of a Panzer man not SS !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Well spotted Paul! I also saw some "examples" on fleaBay, including a pass named to a Herr Schmidt...with a photograph of Otto Moll stuck on it...dear oh dear...

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Carl good points , a number of these types of Ausweiss have been getting flogged on fleabay recently with any old photo stuck on them . This photo is one of a Panzer man not SS !!
    Lol! now theres a givaway!
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem