Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS feldpost. 2 lots, authenticity check

Article about: So, I am currently on a big project, writing a book about SS feldpost.. For this I need a lot of material. It's for obvious reasons, very important that the material I use is in its original

?

Default SS feldpost. 2 lots, authenticity check

So, I am currently on a big project, writing a book about SS feldpost.. For this I need a lot of material. It's for obvious reasons, very important that the material I use is in its original form, with other words, not faked or in any other way tempered with.

I am looking in to buying 2 lots of feldpost, the price is quite high due to the quality of the first lot, and the size of the second one, so I wanted to make sure what I am considering to buy is good.

I realize that we don't have any other feldpost collector here on the forums (that I know of anyway) but I know that many people here on the forums has great knowledge and experience from third reich documents in general, and might be able to spot if there is something "funny" going on with any of these two lots. Please let me know!

Lot 1

Description: "Germania/Wiking lot. Including top PC size studio portrait of the soldier with EK1 and other awards in wear. other photos also show awards and Germania cufftitle. Feldpost number on most envelopes is 34002 d - 5 Kompanie SS-Grenadier-Regiment Germania (Wiking). KIA 08.1944."

Pictures:

Attachment 657492

Attachment 657493

Attachment 657522

Lot 2

Description: "Big Feldpost SS (PzGren Rgt 36 + Breslau) / IR 199 lot. All out from one family. About 120 SS feldposts. SS Pz. Gren. Rgt. 36 "Reichsführer SS". SS IG (Infanteriegeschütz) Ausb. u Ersatz Btl. 1 Breslau - Lissa. Some documents of the man after 1945. Very many letters from his brother to the family. Not counted, but I guess about 300. Different feldpost number, I think most are IR 199. Also more feldpost from another brother, other relatives and friends of the family. I did not count them all, but I think it's more than 500."

Pictures:

Attachment 657508

Attachment 657507

Attachment 657506

Attachment 657505

Attachment 657504

Attachment 657503

Attachment 657502

Attachment 657501

Attachment 657500

Attachment 657499

Attachment 657498

Attachment 657497

Attachment 657496

Attachment 657495

Attachment 657494

Attachment 657509

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS feldpost. 2 lots, authenticity check
    P
    Many

?

Looks fine , do you have a name for the first group ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thanks, Paul!

I don't know, but I assume that the seller knows, since he also knows that he was KIA. Should be written on absender anyway, I'll ask and get back to you

?

I agree with Paul. Don't see any stand out issues at first glance. Good luck with your project.

?

Cheers, Carl!