Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Group photos

Article about: these 3 photos were pulled from a photo album that are in decent enough shape to post.

I well agree with Andreas that these appear to be SD Sipo persons. I won't speculate on the data here as to time and place, and or engage the "lab coat" fantasies. The lack of other SD insignia as in cuff titles and or rhombus is hardly relevant. This kind of insignia is often seen in the first half of the war. Thanks for showing. You should share it with those research persons who are expert in Holocaust perpetrators, i.e. mass murders etc.
    who have deepened themselves in these persons. Carl would know where to ask as this is his research. And be careful, since this kind of
    thing has significant blow back potential. It is important work, but the explosive potential is considerable, as is to be expected.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Group photos
    P
    Many

Default Single individual

This must have been this fellows album. Here are 2 photos of him alone. He is also in the other pictures as well
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Group photos   SS Group photos  

Possibly could be the same guy in those 2 photos..Im seeing differences in facial and uniform detail appearances.

The 1st photo shows a medal on his pocket with a bayonet on his side. The cap appears to be the standard SS grey for the time period change...yet in the lower photo ..Im seeing a pistol on his side..minus the medal and what appears to be a darker cap style and ( sure looks black to me ) and his rank has increased.

Just thinking outloud and what I see.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I noticed the color variation with his hat as well, and the medal appears to be a sports badge. The first photo is not very good in detail on the face.

Rank in the first photo is Rottenführer; the badges on his left breast pocket are the SA-Wehrabzeichen and, below that, the Deutsches Sportabzeichen. He is in walking-out order (with decorations, bayonet and long trousers).

Rank in the second photo is Unterscharführer. The cap is not black (except, of course, for the cap band and visor). The underside of the cap top just appears darker from shadows as the sunlight is high in the sky with sunlight coming down pretty much straight vertically. (Note, for example, the shadows below his pocket flaps or his cuffs.) He is wearing service dress (with whistle lanyard, pistol and high boots).

He is in a walking out uniform. Why would he wear that cumbersome bayonet around?

Quote by humble collector View Post
    He is in a walking out uniform. Why would he wear that cumbersome bayonet around?
    Because bayonets were to be worn with walking-out dress by private ranks (both in the army and the armed SS).

I gotcha! For show and not practicality. Part of the uniform dress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2