Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

SS-Gruf. Odilo Globocnik collection

Article about: I can comment on the SS dagger. These are fantasy designs and no documentation of these exist for them being Third Reich in date. They originated from a militaria dealer in the North of Engl

Default Re: SS-Gruf. Odilo Globocnik collection

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I remember the case of the dealer in question. Without wishing to speak ill of the dead, this was actually typical of much of the material he used to sell. His widow now runs his former business.

Cheers, Ade.
    I am not sure one has to speak ill of the dead with Brant Murphy and I remember quite well the goings on back to around 2003-04. Guy appears to have gotten in over his head and had some cash he was tossing around and he got taken for a ride. I do not know exactly what his game was and I think I only spoke to him once when he was alive but back in that era he was getting hammered by dealers and then slammed of another forum run by a creature who is no stranger to controversy himself. But its a long story and no sense in re-hashing all that.

The desk set I have seen before and I believe this was offered to me several years ago and the photos were displayed at a show on a portable drive by two German dealers that set up at the S.O.S along with a boatload of Bad Allach that was pure fantasy and some of which they had at the show for inspection. While I cannot say for sure whether it is identical to the one I saw there and once prior I am pretty sure it is the same and is surrounded by similar pieces that I immediately picked off as being spurious. It is impossible to say for sure if this piece is period, based on what I have seen in market over the years I can almost guess where that originated and certainly maintain doubts to its pedigree.

Kris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Gruf. Odilo Globocnik collection
    P
    Many

4.)
    the signature and stamp (Gauleitung Kärnten) is original, the document comes from ing. Otto Rader (Klagenfurt), I have many documents (Ing. Otto Rader and Gauleitung Kärnten) in my collection

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I can comment on the SS dagger. These are fantasy designs and no documentation of these exist for them being Third Reich in date. They originated from a militaria dealer in the North of England in the 1960's and only a small quantity were ever made. The grip will be real Ivory. They can be found with various dedications to different SS notables from Himmler downwards. The crosguards can be found with either swastikas or oakleaf decoration.

I cannot comment on the documents, but I would trust to my colleagues opinion on things of this nature.

The desk ornament set is indeed grotesque. Himmler was many things, but he did have a certain amount of "taste".

I expect someone has paid a lot of money for this "group".

Cheers, Ade.
    Very interesting about the origin of the dagger.

Yes, Himmler seems to have lived a relatively restrained and maybe even austere life ... at least compared to the massive corruption as demonstrated by Göring.

Maybe the ideological flame burned clean in 'Der treue Heinrich.' ...Which maybe makes him even more loopy than Göring, who knows.

moschetto
    ?

Quote by Woske View Post
    Thanks for the input Adrian.
    I don't know what the Austrian's motives were in this episode as our communication ended abruptly. I don't know if he was a collector who had been duped or if he was part of a prospective scam. If he was a victim, I hope he recovered his financial outlay as authentic items such as these realise large sums of money.
    W.

ATTENTION! all fakes from carinthia !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5