Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS newspaper original?

Article about: Hi guys i did buy a group of items, i did not plan on buy them all but did on the spur of the moment i normally check everything before, but he seemed like a genuine collector this a a SS ne

MAP
    ?

I'm no expert so maybe others could provide some advice as well but unless you get uv glass and acid free materials, the paper will age and yellow over time as it is exposed to light.

As noted. I made a high quality scan of my document and display that. Knowing the the original is safe and sound.

But this is just my preference.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS newspaper original?
    P
    Many

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    Hi michael im thinking of putting it in a frame and putting it on the wall is that a bad thing to do?

-Martin
    I would put it in a normal frame , you can get them off ebay quite cheap. Normal Plexi-glass is 30% more UV resistant than normal glass, as long as its not in direct sunlight it would be ok, put some acid free backing behind it, it will be fine, its not a Monet

Cheers

?

Thumbs up

I have several copies of Das Schwarze Korps. Most are put away, but I have these 2 displayed on the wall in my gun room. Both are 6 Juni - 1940 u. 44. Makes a nice pair.
    The only time there is light on them is when I'm in the room and have the light on.
    Don't seem to have a photo of both, but here is one of them.
    Sarge
    SS newspaper original?

You Do have one Helluva nice collection, Sarge...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks for all the comments guys, how much is a copy worth?

-Martin

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    thanks for all the comments guys, how much is a copy worth?

-Martin
    £25 ? as with all things, depends on condition and the content, the more interesting subject, the more expensive I would suppose

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    £25 ? as with all things, depends on condition and the content, the more interesting subject, the more expensive I would suppose
    Yep, agree with that, sometimes, and I mean sometimes, it's the content that is worth much more that the condition. I've had quite a few of these in the past some interesting, some very interesting, and some downright bloody boring

from marhistorical.com "Der Schwarze Korps Waffen SS newspapers" are for sale at $125 each.
    a bit on the high end?

thanks guys
    shame i can't speak german

i did pay about £20 for it as part of a group
    so not bad just need to put in in a frame now

where can i get acid free backing?

Acid free archival materials can be bought here:

- Home

You need to learn some German to achieve success in this hobby.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast