Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Posters

Article about: Hello Guys. After i saw this thread that Jan started (http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photos...-poster-15765/) I decided to ask your opinion on some SS posters i bought a few years ago The pos

?

Default SS Posters

Hello Guys.
    After i saw this thread that Jan started (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...-poster-15765/)
    I decided to ask your opinion on some SS posters i bought a few years ago
    The posters are like the one that described Jan. The first three are made of Thick (almost cardboard type) paper and the paper looks very old. The Italian one is made of thin paper.
    I compared the color with some signal magazines and they are almost the same. The first three were bought from an antiques store in Holland and the Italian one was bought from an antiques store in Italy.
    As i do wherever I go,I entered the stores and asked if they have any WWII related items. They showed me various things and among them were these posters
    Forgive me for writing too many,but i want to describe them as better as i can
    I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION ! Thanks in advance !
    SS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS PostersSS Posters

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Posters
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Posters

You have a great selection there !!

Although I dont collect TR posters I still find them fascinating!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The Flemish one is bad for sure. I have an original in my collection.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks so much for your response Ade.
    I have seen yours. It's perfect !!!
    These three are in small size and the paper is thick. I compared the bleached color of their papers with bleached paper from original Signal magazines and it looks like it's the same. Also.the paper smells like the Signals (old paper )
    Was it possible for the same poster to be printed in various sizes and types of paper ? (I know that some of them were printed in post card size too)
    After i rode the case of Jan (Norvegian SS recruiting poster) i decided to ask for opinions,as i have many to learn and i love to discuss with experienced collectors

?

Also i would like to ask one more question.
    All the fakes i have seen, they tend to be exactly like the originals (thin paper,same size,etc)
    I mean,if someone wants to make a fake that will sell as an original,why would do something doubtful that would born lots of questions to a buyer ?
    Thanks for your time !!!

Thick paper is not a good sign. A blacklight is actually useful to test paper, old paper will not glow.

I have never seen these designs in small size format personally? But I cannot say for sure they were never made, but I have real doubts.

Many posters are faked in Eastern Europe.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for your advise Ade
    I will buy a black light,to test them
    After i have done this i will let you know the results

?

I managed to buy a Black light today.
    I tested the posters side by side with Signal magazines and print paper.
    They do not glow and the colors appear to be like the Signals'.
    The only thing i noticed was on the Flemish one. Where the tears are,the scratches appear to be a little more brighter that the rest of the poster
    The faded colors appear to be exactly as the faded colors on colorful images of the Signal and the paper smells almost like the Signals
    Any opinions ? Is there anything else i could check ?
    Thanks so much for your time guys!
    Merry Christmas to you and to your families !

Hi Spyros, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, as you might have read, I have lost my father in law and then my wife suffered a heart attack.

Thanks for testing the paper with a black light. This helps but is not conclusive. I would be concerned about the Flemish one appearing whiter where the paper is torn. The problem is, it is easy to discolour the paper with cold tea to make it appear aged and to try and fool the blacklight test.

Another way to test them would be to examine them under high magnification and to compare them to known original items.

To be honest, if these were offered to me, I would not buy them.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I'm very sad to hear this ! :-(
    I hope your wife will recover soon ! :-)
    Thanks for letting me know. I will buy a big magnification glass and try to test them
    Would be ok if i compared them with Signal magazines ?

I'm very sad with these idiots that do everything in order to deceive a collector ! The only thing they have achieved is that every collector can't trust anyone !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast