Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS songbook

Article about: Hello, this is currently up on ebay, and is being sold as an SS songbook. I wanted to get some opinions. I'm skeptical because it seems that any of the info pertaining to the SS is a stamp,

Default SS songbook

Hello, this is currently up on ebay, and is being sold as an SS songbook. I wanted to get some opinions. I'm skeptical because it seems that any of the info pertaining to the SS is a stamp, and not original to the document. Also, the second song is an HJ song. Thanks.

Todd

SS songbookSS songbook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS songbook
    P
    Many

Es zittern die morschen Knochen is not necessarily a HJ-song, but was sung by SA/SS during the Kampfzeit as well...if that's the song you were referring to...This looks like a commercially produced songbook and not an official SS Publication...I can't comment on the stamp.
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Es zittern die morschen Knochen is not necessarily a HJ-song, but was sung by SA/SS during the Kampfzeit as well...if that's the song you were referring to...This looks like a commercially produced songbook and not an official SS Publication...I can't comment on the stamp.
    What Glenn said. I also find the overdone stamping somewhat suspicious: A property stamp on the cover would not be unexpected, but why stamp the inside pages?

Thanks for the info. I also find the repeated stamping to be a bit suspect. It looks like the top of every page is stamped. I think I'm just going to avoid this one. I've got enough paper ephemera as it is. Thanks again.

Probably a wise move, as you would likely face the same doubts if you decided to sell it later....
    cheers, Glenn

I agree-too many stamps. As Andreas said, inside the cover? Certainly..but all over like this? Too many-not needed-too suspicious. I would not touch it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I had two of these music books, volume 1 and 2 but without the stamping.