Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stalingrad Feldpost

Article about: Unteroffizier Heinz Albert is listed by the Volksbund as Missing in Action in Stalingrad... Dearest Ilse, Far in the East 27 Nov.1942 Quickly a few lines and greetings for your 24th birthday

Nice Stalingrad feldpost, Glenn! A very poignant piece indeed... Provided that the above is the right person it's nice to have a face to this piece of history also...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalingrad Feldpost
    P
    Many

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Nice Stalingrad feldpost, Glenn! A very poignant piece indeed... Provided that the above is the right person it's nice to have a face to this piece of history also...
    He is listed in the DRK volumes with 1./Pz.Gren.Rgt 26 so it is him.

Thank you very much for the photo, Hucks!! You're a Star for sure!!
    I don't think that every letter sent off was run by the censors, especially during the victorious period, and in Nov.42 it was by no means assured that the 6th Army would be destroyed in the Kessel...I've read other Stalingrad letters that have similar content concerning conditions in Stalingrad, where men are writing home to say their final good-byes...
    cheers, Glenn

very neat letter! Haunting words. I wonder his fate....

T

If he was Fortunate, he died at Stalingrad....far better than the fate that awaited him as a Russian prisoner....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Great piece Glenn. Definitely a piece to keep! And now a photo to boot!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very impressive piece of history. The letter can help understand the mind set of a typical German soldier involved in the misery that was Sralingrad. Thanks for sharing this.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I actually knew a Stalingrad Veteran living in Lampertheim named Rudolf Kellermann; He had lost his leg at the hip in Stalingrad and was one of the "lucky ones" to be flown out...(His son rented the 2nd floor apartment of my German grandmother's house)...
    He got around on crutches...refused to talk about the war, and I knew better than to ask directly...I recall watching him one day at one of the local pubs when the men at his Stammtisch/Regulars Table started talking about the war...He got up quietly and left without a word...
    I recall hearing the words "6te Armee" "Paulus" and "Stalingrad" at the kitchen table as a kid, and I grew up to associate them with utter catastrophe and human suffering...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-20-2015 at 07:51 PM.

I knew a gentlman whose father was a panzer commander at Stalingrad. His father was badly wounded and evacuated by air in December, 1942. A he told me, "my father was in hospital all of the Winter, released to home leave, made me, returned to service and was killed at Kursk."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2