Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sterbebild Totenzettel

Article about: I have just come across this card, I guess its the remembrance card of a fallen soldier, am I correct? If you look at where I am from, and if you look at the city on a card, you will know wh

?

Default Sterbebild Totenzettel

I have just come across this card, I guess its a remembrance card of a fallen soldier, am I correct?

If you look at where I am from, and if you look at the city on a card, you will know why its a must have for me.

We have many Deutsch speaking members here, could anyone tell in me in couple words whats this text is all about. Google translate does help, but it sometimes doesnt make much sense.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sterbebild Totenzettel
    P
    Many

hi, essentially it says " far from his beloved ones this guy fought bravely and died 15/1 1945 10 km south of Kielce. He was born in Feb 1925 as the youngest son of his parents. He finished school without any problems and was drafted, and experienced all the hardships and joys with his friends and fellow soldiers as good as everyone else." The rest of the text just praises his character and persona, saying he had youthful optimism despite his young years, was god fearing, didnt fear death etc and will be sorely missed by his family and friends who remembers him fondly. Hope this helps

?

Thank you very much.

His body has never been recovered and still remains in his field grave near Bilcza.
    Sterbebild Totenzettel

?

Could you share with me, the link of the website, where you have that info from?

very interesting, but also very strange website and organization. I'm registered from some years, but the comunications are Always in german, and not so simple to traslate with Google. I think that this organization want to be international the web site must to be also in english. then all the time you want serch a grave you must send again all the informations....
    is correct or I mistake something?

[QUOTE=Passo Stanco;1676315]very interesting web site

The website is also in English I believe. Choose the relevant flag at the top.
    You don't have to send them anything to look for a grave as there is a section where you enter the required details or as many as you can and it comes up with the information if he is listed.
    If you do contact them to ask for service details on a soldier you most likely won't get anything as they tend to abide by the German privacy laws.

Quote by Passo Stanco View Post
    very interesting, but also very strange website and organization. I'm registered from some years, but the comunications are Always in german, and not so simple to traslate with Google. I think that this organization want to be international the web site must to be also in english. then all the time you want serch a grave you must send again all the informations....
    is correct or I mistake something?
    I don't find the German War Graves Commission to be a strange organization at all. They have been doing noble and highly commendable work for nearly a century now. (I am a supporting member of the Volksbund, by the way.)

Anyway, their website is multi-lingual, actually:

Online grave search
    Recherche de tombes en ligne
    Internetowa wyszukiwarka grobów
    Online gravenopsporing
    Gravsøgning online
    Онлайн-поиск места захоронения

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast