Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

A strange on for sure, any ideas FP 46429

Article about: I have just taken delivery of a very nice grouping from a guy that started out in the DJ went onto the HJ and then into the Army.... got the HJ golden badge IAB and wound badge in black. It

Default A strange on for sure, any ideas FP 46429

I have just taken delivery of a very nice grouping from a guy that started out in the DJ went onto the HJ and then into the Army.... got the HJ golden badge IAB and wound badge in black. It came with all of the citations, plus a load more, but this one has me in a pickle. The FP number is not listed on my disc, maybe someone with a better understanding of the German language could help?

The closest that I came was Sant. 128

The IAB dated oct 43 had him in 6th Komp GRegt 767 and the black wound in sept 42 was 6/IR 676
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A strange on for sure, any ideas FP 46429   A strange on for sure, any ideas FP 46429  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A strange on for sure, any ideas FP 46429
    P
    Many

For what it's worth, I can tell you that it is not the field post number of Wilhelm Held's last duty assignment, but that of the medical unit under whose care he died.

The letter was sent by a military physician to the deceased soldier's father (also named Wilhelm) with his son's personal effects that were found in his possession at the time of his death at the field dressing station at Acsteszér (a village in Hungary). It mentions that his unit had been notified of the death with the request to likewise send home his remaining personal belongings that were still with the unit.

The online database at the AHF lists the field post number 46429 only for the time period from 30 July to 28 Feb. 1942 when it was assigned to 1. Sanitätskompanie 128.

?

HP ----- Your knowledge is simply astounding..... I would love to assume that you live in a dark basement with a little desk and a small light surrounded by the biggest library known to man.... But we all know that isn't true.... haha I truly enjoy reading your replies Sir....

Quote by Duff View Post
    HP ----- Your knowledge is simply astounding..... I would love to assume that you live in a dark basement with a little desk and a small light surrounded by the biggest library known to man.... But we all know that isn't true.....
    No; but, come to think of it, it does sound like a very agreeable lifestyle.
    (Note to self: Win lottery. Buy huge decommissioned government bunker. Fill with 1 huge library, 1 desk, 1 office chair, 1 banker's lamp.)

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    No; but, come to think of it, it does sound like a very agreeable lifestyle.
    (Note to self: Win lottery. Buy huge decommissioned government bunker. Fill with 1 huge library, 1 desk, 1 office chair, 1 banker's lamp.)
    And 1 computer with dial up internet to make sure Duff can learn something......

Hp....... shat can I say, except....... thanks, 😉 you da man

On a serious note.... I'm trying to learn German....but not succeeding 😡🔫🔫