Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Strassenbahn picture in Grüne Post 24 january 1943

Article about: do the women use some kinda kinda lanyards? sorry if the pictures are somewhat " blurred", but that is how the pages in the newspaper are. i cannot make this any more visual : / St

Default Strassenbahn picture in Grüne Post 24 january 1943

do the women use some kinda kinda lanyards?
    sorry if the pictures are somewhat " blurred", but that
    is how the pages in the newspaper are. i cannot make this any more visual : /
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strassenbahn picture in Grüne Post 24 january 1943   Strassenbahn picture in Grüne Post 24 january 1943  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strassenbahn picture in Grüne Post 24 january 1943
    P
    Many

Have not found it in a regulation, but all photographs from females (I have seen),
    serving at Strassenbahn at Munich do show the females wear this type of lanyard,
    existing from a twisted cord to which two "tassels" or small knots, looking like a
    sort of acorn, are fastened. See close-up!

Strassenbahn picture in Grüne Post 24 january 1943

?

The girls are part of the RADwj and are doing their six months service in support of the war effort, this is reflect in the war helpers badge(Kriegshilfsdientsabzeichen) that they are wearing.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Hello Horst,

not only girls from the RADwJ did wear this type of lanyard, but also elder women did.
    I have some photos of it, which will be included in volume 6 for the headgear-series.
    I think the lanyard is standard to the dress!!

?

Wilhelm -

You are very correct relative to the lanyard, I was only pointing out that the girls in the picture are part of the RADwj based on the badge they are wearing.-
    Maybe I can check this out in a couple days as I will be in Germany/Munich in a few days ha,ha-

Best
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

i have tried getting hold "regulation papers" for Reichsbahn/Strassenbahn from places such as bookloooker.de, christ stamps (perhaps not the correct site for that?), zwab.de, etc., but no luck. are these hard to get hold of? or am using the wrong words to search With?
    was it a mandatory 6 months service for the RADwJ?
    for those looking at my threads (and also giving me feedback), thanx for using your time on this : )
    Stig

Quote by bittaker View Post
    i have tried getting hold "regulation papers" for Reichsbahn/Strassenbahn from places such as bookloooker.de, christ stamps (perhaps not the correct site for that?), zwab.de, etc., but no luck. are these hard to get hold of? or am using the wrong words to search With?
    Such regulations will be extremely hard to find, with those that still exist scattered through countless different archives.

Don't forget that - unlike, say, the Reichsbahn - the public Straßenbahn service was not one huge, single nationwide organization: The trams were operated by the individual municipalities and cities, all of which issued their own clothing regulations. A tram conductress employed by the city of Munich did not wear the same clothes and badges as one working for Berlin's BVG...

Some identical badges or clothing items would have been worn by different tram operatoring companies, though, as standard designs were readily available "off-the-shelf" from specialized manufacturers, which was cheaper than having everything custom made.

Another example are the DAF's two special cap badge designs for trams and private railways authorized for wear if 100 % of the personnel were DAF members.

Quote by bittaker View Post
    was it a mandatory 6 months service for the RADwJ?
    The six-month Kriegshilfsdienst (KHD) [War Auxiliary Service] was a compulsory extension of RADwJ service established in 1941.

Following their regular RADwJ tour, these young women served for another half year in various fields that were directly or indirectly vital for the war effort or generally in the interest of the public. This included public transportation, postal and communication services, military and civil administration, farming, the health sector or even jobs as auxiliary teachers or household aides in large families.

During their KHD tour, the RADwJ members did not wear the RADwJ uniform, but civilian clothes (or the "uniform" of their employer) with only the Kriegshilfsdienst badge as an identifying insigne.

"Such regulations will be extremely hard to find, with those that still exist scattered through countless different archives" (HPL2008).

For my research I contacted various companies, which existed also during the TR-period. Not one could hand over a regulation about
    their dress. Some were able to help me with some photographs. The only information found was published in the "Uniformen-Markt"
    and from the one or the other periodical from such company. In archives hardly anything was found. After all, it was not that much!

Some material will be included in volume 6 from the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" (I am working for that for a long time) where
    quite some photos of men and women dressed for their Strassenbahn-company are to be found. Possibilities of dress or uniform are no end!
    What I wil show gives a rather good view!! Reichsbahn is much easier, "a piece of cake"!