Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stuka, picture of the week?

Article about: Guys, A nice poster, I'm guessing perhaps free with a newspaper or that sort of thing, I don't know? It is big (note KVK centre right for scale). Condition not bad, I think I need to get it

Default Stuka, picture of the week?

Guys,

A nice poster, I'm guessing perhaps free with a newspaper or that sort of thing, I don't know?

It is big (note KVK centre right for scale).

Condition not bad, I think I need to get it behind glass as the war time paper does not like to be constantly folded and unfolded.

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stuka, picture of the week?   Stuka, picture of the week?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stuka, picture of the week?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stuka, picture of the week?

I like all of it, but particularly the dive diagram in the lower left corner. The stuka was still the terror of the skys, and everything was coming up roses for Germany when this was printed.

Jay

?

I think most people here would rather pull a nice Stuka poster out of their newspaper than a World Cup 2010 wallchart!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

As you fine Brits say, "You're spot on Adrian".

Jay

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I think most people here would rather pull a nice Stuka poster out of their newspaper than a World Cup 2010 wallchart!
    Being a Jock, such a poster would never have any use for me.

Jock

Are you not a football fan Adrian? I suppose there are no decent teams in Hampshire

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Are you not a football fan Adrian? I suppose there are no decent teams in Hampshire

Nick
    WHAT???
    There is one decent team Nick. Not the one who went into administration recently though, the other one.
    Getting back to the subject of the thread, I'm sure I read somewhere about the docks in Southampton being attacked by Stukas, I'll have to look it up again and see if I can find some pics.

WHAT???
    There is one decent team Nick. Not the one who went into administration recently though, the other one.
    Getting back to the subject of the thread, I'm sure I read somewhere about the docks in Southampton being attacked by Stukas, I'll have to look it up again and see if I can find some pics.
    Southampton was certainly in Stuka range. I am sure I read there was a Stuka attack on a Spitfire factory there and a pilot called Heinrich Uhl bailed out from his Stuka over Southampton after being shot down

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 06-06-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

That sounds about right. A colleague of mine is an author of some note and has written a book about the Battle of Britain to commemorate the 70th anniversary this year. He commented on the bombing of the Spitfire factory, I'll ask him a bit more about it.
    A lot of the parts manufacturing was put out to the local area, garages, sheds and similar to maintain production and escape the bombing aimed at the factory.