Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish in 1944 passport

Article about: Hi, Would anyone understand Swedish? could one understand what is written and stamped in this 1944 Polish passport? Thanks, Neil.

Default Swedish in 1944 passport

Hi,

Would anyone understand Swedish? could one understand what is written and stamped in this 1944 Polish passport?

Thanks,

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish in 1944 passport   Swedish in 1944 passport  

Swedish in 1944 passport   Swedish in 1944 passport  

Attached Images Attached Images Swedish in 1944 passport 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swedish in 1944 passport
    P
    Many

Default Re: Swedish in 1944 passport

"Free to leave the country before 10/2 1945
    State foreignercommision d 30/1 1945
    Signature "

Same thing different dates.

Stamp:
    STOCKHOLMS CITY
    AIRPORT IN BROMMA (probably a place)
    Shown at departure
    16 feb 1945
    STOCKHOLM POLICE

OKW
    ?

Interesting document. Looks like he was travelling to either become part of or talk to the Polish Government in Exile based in London, non-communist. From memory Warsaw, what was left of it, had been 'liberated' by the Red Army so if anyone was travelling it was presumably under communist sponsership. Didn't the London Poles travel to Poland immediately after the war to hold talks with the Russian led Polish communist government, free elections were promised by Stalin, only to be arrested and taken to Moscow, not withstanding Stalins promise of no interference. Wonder if this person had any hand in that, setting the scene and promising the promises.
    There were, surprisingly, regular flights from the U.K to Sweden throughout the war. I believe that they were undertaken under the cover of saying they were BAOC flights, thus civilian, and not subject to seizure as a military aircraft would have been. Having said that i'm sure i have read that PoW's were brought from Sweden, having escaped from occupied Europe, in a Mosquito fighter bomber suitably painted in civilian colours, and very cramped.

I just noticed the swedish on the first picture now. Will translate it tomorrow.

The first one really doesnt say to much. It says he has bean given and all those numbers and letters. Im pretty sure its a list of things he has been given or got regularly. This was descided by the size of family and stuff.
    I dont know what each letter stood for, but it seems at least he got 3 of something in size 38 and one in 39. Shoes?
    In the middle it says that it was changed due to something to do with a change in the system i think. Im sorry this i really vague, but i have really trouble understanding that handwriting.

The stamp says hassela "Crisisboard". They handed controlled things that were rationed under the war in sweden (each area had their own crisisboard that did this)