Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?

Article about: I just joined this forum, and I posted photos of a Kriegsmarine honor roll medal that my wife's grandfather took while fighting in Germany. Here are some photos of the book he took, and I'm

Default Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?

I just joined this forum, and I posted photos of a Kriegsmarine honor roll medal that my wife's grandfather took while fighting in Germany. Here are some photos of the book he took, and I'm really curious what the handwriting means. It looks like a dedication or gift presentation, but I don't read German. Anyway, I would love to know what you all think. Did all copies of Mein Kampf have a nazi ink stamp inside? Looking forward to hearing from you, and anxious too!Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?
    P
    Many

Rotated this page to make it easier to read.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The book was presented to the newly married pair Claus and Dorothea by the mayor of Hannover on 5th april 1941!...I'm sure somebody who speaks better German than me can give a more detailed translation!..

As Gunny said, this is a Wedding Edition Mein Kampf. On the cover, you'll find the city seal in gold for the city of Hanover. The ink stamps are generally only found with the dedications from the various city burgemeisters, and not all had them. These Wedding Editions were very well done, with the black leather bindings and the matching cardboard slip covers. I've never been able to find out just how many Different cities had these available, but there are a bewildering assortment of them out there. I have one from Munich,on my shelf. They are fairly desirable to collectors who want something more attractive and limited numbers than the common blue cloth cover public editions.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    As Gunny said, this is a Wedding Edition Mein Kampf. On the cover, you'll find the city seal in gold for the city of Hanover. The ink stamps are generally only found with the dedications from the various city burgemeisters, and not all had them. These Wedding Editions were very well done, with the black leather bindings and the matching cardboard slip covers. I've never been able to find out just how many Different cities had these available, but there are a bewildering assortment of them out there. I have one from Munich,on my shelf. They are fairly desirable to collectors who want something more attractive and limited numbers than the common blue cloth cover public editions.
    Thanks so much, I've been yearning to know for a while now. I noticed you said the book had a 'black' leather binding... my copy has a blue binding and slip cover. Any further thoughts on that? Thanks.

The blue binding with matching slip cover is, actually, less often seen than the black and gold leather bounds but about the same basic value as the others. Just why, I really don't know, except that I imagine that the city officials may not always have had a huge stock of either type available for newlyweds presentations. Can we see a photo or 2 of the covers and slipcover of your edition?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm out on business, but I'll be happy to post some for you in a day or two. Thanks again.

Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?Taken by paratrooper WWII Mein Kampf 1939 has nazi handstamp- dedication page?

hope these help

Typical wedding edition, nothing too special but a nice piece of history. I have always wondered how many people in Germany really read that book? I mean the whole book, not only some pages of if...

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Typical wedding edition, nothing too special but a nice piece of history. I have always wondered how many people in Germany really read that book? I mean the whole book, not only some pages of if...
    They'd have to be a fanatical nazi or bloody bored to read that!..