Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Tallest German Surrenders

Article about: Hi, thought I would share this pic with you..... Attachment 843934 Corporal Bob Roberts was overseeing the surrender of dozens of enemy soldiers during the Battle of Normandy when the 7ft 6i

What a turn up for the books!!

Bet Silberkreuz didnt expect that to happen. ... the man hisself!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tallest German Surrenders
    P
    Many

?

I recently photographed the war diary for my grandfather's unit for May-December 1944 and one of the squadrons was at Calais. It's noted that an officer watched the coastal guns firing their last shells at Dover, he was only 500 yards away. The guns were captured the next day (26/9/44). A map of the fortifications/minefields was also contained within the diary.

Tony

?

Here's a part of the map, maybe it shows the area where Bob captured the Germans.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Tallest German Surrenders  

If you could get a copy of it, i could send it down to him

Cheers

?

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    If you could get a copy of it, i could send it down to him

Cheers
    I took some photos of it, send me your email by pm and I'll get them off to you.

Tony

I have kept in touch with Bob since our meeting in Dunkirk. Thought I would post this picture of Bob and his English Rose, as he refers to her, Vera, they were married Dec 14th 1945. I do have another nice picture of Bob with other veterans on the beach at Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer, Normandy, last year at the 70th, he was second to set foot on the beach with the North Shore Regiment NB, it may have some copyright issues so will look into that first.

Hope you don't mind me posting these

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Tallest German Surrenders  

Hi HM, of course we do not mind you posting. It's a nice pic, and they have done very well being married and still together for nearly 70 years. :-)

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Hi HM, of course we do not mind you posting. It's a nice pic, and they have done very well being married and still together for nearly 70 years. :-)
    Hello SK,
    Thank you for the interest, unfortunately Bob's wife Vera passed away in 2010 after 65 years of marriage

It's great to see Bob is still with us, i wonder if the big bloke is still alive?.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast