Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Theodor Eicke- Signed-Book..

Article about: As you may be aware, I'm not a dedicated SS-Collector and tend to focus more on Wehrmacht & Heimatfront Memorabilia along with a dash of WWI Imperial German items - But I came across thi

Default Theodor Eicke- Signed-Book..

As you may be aware, I'm not a dedicated SS-Collector and tend to focus more on Wehrmacht & Heimatfront Memorabilia along with a dash of WWI Imperial German items - But I came across this interesting and rather affordably-priced piece (German Seller) and would greatly appreciate thoughts & comments as to authenticity & desirability from our seasoned SS-Collectors and Researchers...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Theodor Eicke- Signed-Book..   Theodor Eicke- Signed-Book..  

Theodor Eicke- Signed-Book..   Theodor Eicke- Signed-Book..  

Theodor Eicke- Signed-Book..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Theodor Eicke- Signed-Book..
    P
    Many

I can't comment on the signatures authenticity, but the book looks excellent, yet another fantastic find for you Glenn!
    "Per Ardua"

Thank you, friend...but I haven't bought it -(yet?)- Hoping for more input from the Membership...
    cheers, Glenn

Seems like you might need some kind of hand writing expert here for sure Glenn. May prove easier said than done but if authentic it may well be a collector's dream. Imagine the price is quite steep. Anyway good luck with your endeavor.

A very nice item and it matches Eicke's handwriting.... But are you certain that the dedication and signature are not printed?

Notice that this is not a personal dedication to an individual to whom a copy of the book was presented, but a text dedicating the book to the Totenkopfdivision members who died in the French campaign.

(I have a book on the Stahlhelmbund published on the occasion of its transformation into the NSDFBSt which has a printed dedication and signature by Franz Seldte, and it can be easily mistaken for being actually handwritten rather than a facsimile reproduction of handwriting.)

can't comment on the authenticity, but if the price is right, no matter if it's a post-war re-print, then it certainly looks like a nice volume to own

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A very nice item.... But are you certain that Eicke's dedication and signature are not printed?

Notice that this is not a personal dedication to an individual to whom a copy of the book was presented, but a text dedicating the book to the Totenkopfdivision members who died in the French campaign.
    A very good point, thank you Andreas! I'll see if I can find another copy of this book to check for the same dedication...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    A very good point, thank you Andreas! I'll see if I can find another copy of this book to check for the same dedication...
    cheers, Glenn
    Eicke's original handwriting in the book you can get - it's too wonderful to be true.
    It's definitely printed. I've googled and found at least 3 copies with this page.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A very nice item and it matches Eicke's handwriting.... But are you certain that the dedication and signature are not printed?

(I have a book on the Stahlhelmbund published on the occasion of its transformation into the NSDFBSt which has a printed dedication and signature by Franz Seldte, and it can be easily mistaken for being actually handwritten rather than a facsimile reproduction of handwriting.)
    Andreas is always right. The dedication is printed into the book, itself. It is not done by hand in each case.

I own a copy, as well.