Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Third Reich Personality Signatures

Article about: One looks to be Gustav Stresemann, but he is the only one who is recognisable. Not worth a great deal though. Woske.

?

Default Re: Third Reich Personality Signatures

Quote by Hala View Post
    I think I have downloaded all signatures and writings.. i cannot read german and have no idea what they say or what they are about...i only knew Hess.
    You've completely lost me now , as Woske says where are any new signatures ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Personality Signatures
    P
    Many

?

They are in my albums under my name Hala. Please let me know if you cant see them as i can when i go into albums.. Really hoped they worked.

?

Found them at last. Ribbentrop looks real, von Hindenburg looks real. The Hitler I think is a facsimile, but the image is not good. The rest are unknowns.
    W.

?

Are they worth anything and how can i sell them

?

tHE PHOTOS ARE NOW IN MY ALBUM.

?

Hala, I want to thank you. It is because of you that I joined this forum. You see, just a few hours ago I visited an antique shop near my parents' place and found a signed and dated photo of Gustav Stresemann but I couldn't authenticate his signature on google. I can't imagine he's that popular among signature collectors. But the signature on my photograph looks exactly like the signature in your document! You made my day because I paid the equivalent of $7.00 for this photo! Thanks!

?

Welcome to the forum , do you want to psot your signature of Stresemann ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I am still with my parents and unfortunately they do not have a scanner, nor can I connect my camera to their computer. We'll have to wait 2 weeks til I get home!

?

glad you're enjoying the forum...but i'd love to get some help with my papers. I just dont know anything about them. I'll get them translated one day soon. What country are you in. I'm in Australia.

?

Sorry for the delay, guys! I didn't have access to a scanner or a digital camera until now. Here is the autographed photo of Gustav Stresemann:

You will notice that the autograph looks just like the signature in Hala's documents.

Hala, I'm sorry but I can't help you with the translations. Try finding a German history forum, not specifically a militaria forum, and inquire after German speakers. I do have a cousin who is fluent in German and I could ask her to take a look at your documents to give you a general idea of what they are about, but I wouldn't ask her for a word for word translation.

I was visiting my parents in Israel and my mother took me to a huge antiques warehouse in a small kibbutz outside of Haifa. I collect old photographs, not necessarily of celebrities, and asked to see the owner's collection. This was the only interesting photograph he had. I knew of Stresemann from my readings of German history but I had no idea if the autograph was authentic. The antique dealer was reluctant to sell a single photograph, wanting to part with his whole collection, so I told him I would buy this one now and return for more later. He was a hard bargainer but I got him down to 30 shekels, which is about US $7. A small risk in case the autograph was not Stresemann's but the photograph owner's. I figured that since the man was a celebrity in his own time, the owner of the photograph would likely not need to write down the name of the man. So imagine how good I felt when I stumbled on Hala's document with Stresemann's autograph!

Thank you again!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast