Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Third Reich Postal Issues

Article about: This is an example of what you have to watch out for when purchasing on ebay or from other venues. There is someone over bidding on this item and I don't believe he realizes that the entire

Default Third Reich Postal Issues

This is an example of what you have to watch out for when purchasing on ebay or from other venues. There is someone over bidding on this item and I don't believe he realizes that the entire cover is a forgery. This Feldpost Admission Stamp for troops in North Africa is, in my opinion, the rarest of T.R. stamps and it was rarely, if ever used on envelopes, only on packages. Thus the name "Tunis Paken". The Palm stamp "Palmenstempel"is also bogus. The second one is also completely bogus. Made to appear as a label on a package.
    Attached Images Attached Images Third Reich Postal Issues  Third Reich Postal Issues 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Postal Issues
    P
    Many

Default Re: Third Reich Postal Issues

I doubt if the stampings would fool many Richard, Just look at that superb stamp on the right hand picture. Priceless

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I doubt if the stampings would fool many Richard, Just look at that superb stamp on the right hand picture. Priceless
    John... Unfortunately, individuals that are not involved in collecting postal items, stamps, covers etc., these and many other fraudulent issues fool the average militaria collector. I see covers, such as these, intermingled with legitimate ones at militaria dealer tables at the shows.

My interest in militaria, specifically the U.S. wartime postal issues began back in the early 1940's. I still have my beginning collection and sometime in the 1980's I expanded it to the T.R. issues and then about ten years ago I began to delve into the fraudulent and fantasy issues of the T.R.

Here is another type of bogus type of cover containing a knock-off fantasy stamp of the propaganda issue by the OSS to be aware of.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich Postal Issues  

The following are legitimate postal covers from my collection, the Heydrich cover is an extremely rare one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich Postal Issues   Third Reich Postal Issues  

Third Reich Postal Issues   Third Reich Postal Issues  

Here is a nice souvenir sheet from my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich Postal Issues  

Love the HYD one with the Prague stamp. Didn't know you were into stamps and things Richard. I got 2 albums full of them bought a collection some time ago too lazy to put on my website, I have them out at shows, but i only do a few of them now

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Love the HYD one with the Prague stamp. Didn't know you were into stamps and things Richard. I got 2 albums full of them bought a collection some time ago too lazy to put on my website, I have them out at shows, but i only do a few of them now
    Most of the T.R. issues are considered as common and do not command a high price, only a couple issues. One thing that collectors should be aware of is the last two issues of the T.R. The SA & SS stamps. These were only sold for a very short period and only in a couple of Berlin postal locations. In postal cancelled condition they are both costly and rare.

The two stamps are bogus as is the cover. I believe that the two green stamps at the left are genuine. Those who produce bogus covers will sometimes combine other genuine stamps with the forgeries to throw the novice collector off.
    Attached Images Attached Images Third Reich Postal Issues  Third Reich Postal Issues 

Hi Richard,i know nothing of stamps. Thanks for info that some postal cancelled types are rare. Regards Stewy S