Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Treblinka document???

Article about: Interesting,why would a forger go to all the trouble to make a document that looks really authentic and make a blunder like the date.I am not sure but did the main camp have a sub-camp.After

Default Re: Treblinka document???

Interesting,why would a forger go to all the trouble to make a document that looks really authentic and make a blunder like the date.I am not sure but did the main camp have a sub-camp.After the revolt maybe the camp personnel moved to a second location that was more of a holding prison for non-Jews.Very puzzling

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treblinka document???
    P
    Many

The date is for April 1944, and the smaller section of the camp was still operational by 1944...is this a very good fake or a real piece of history?

I added a closeup of the stamp: GENERAL GOUVERMENT-DER SS UND POLIZEI....WARSCHAU

Is this a correct applied stamp?
    Attached Images Attached Images Treblinka document??? 
    Last edited by huddyhuddy; 03-30-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: photo

?

Yes I agree on the last post, some more info:

On August 2, 1943, the prisoners in the work details rebelled. They seized small arms, sprayed kerosene on all the buildings and set them ablaze. In the confusion, a number of guards were killed but many more prisoners perished. Of 1,500 prisoners, about 600 managed to escape the camp, but only 40 are known to have survived until the end of the war. There was also a revolt at Sobibor 2 months later.

After the revolt, Treblinka ceased operation. Camp commander Kurt Franz recalled during his testimonies: "After the uprising in August 1943 I ran the camp single-handedly for a month; however, during that period no gassings were undertaken. It was during that period that the original camp was levelled off and lupins were planted." The camp had been badly damaged during the uprising, and the murder of the Polish Jews was also largely complete. It was decided to shoot the last of the Jewish prisoners and shut down the camp. Odilo Globocnik wrote to Himmler: "I have (on October 19 1943), completed Operation Reinhard, and have dissolved all the camps." The final group of about 30 Jewish girls at Treblinka was shot at the end of November.

I cannot comment on the question of the authentictiy of the document as such, but allow me to point out that the extermination camp was Treblinka II which had ceased operation in October 1943.

The labor camp (Arbeitslager) Treblinka I, which came under the control of the SS- and Police Leader Warsaw, existed for a significantly longer period, from late 1941 to the summer of 1944. Officially, it was to be used for the temporary confinement of prisoners who were to be interned for two to six months, although more than two thirds of the prisoners did not survive the camp.

This document is (or is supposed to be) from the Labor Camp, so the time and stamp are plausible.

Like I said, I cannot comment on the document's authenticity, but it cannot be dismissed from the date alone.

Treblinka Labour Camp
    see: Labour Camps -Belzec, Sobibor & Treblinka www.HolocaustResearchProject.org

Thanks you all for the advice and remarks.
    Neil

In the light of this new information from HPL2008,I would have to throw my opinion on the document to definitely genuine then.Truthfully,I had never even heard of a subcamp for Treblinka and its existing past the Revolt date. But,there you have it in the very excellent link HPL2008 just provided. Congratulations! William

As stated above I think the document is authentic,where would a forger get a typewriter with SS runes on it.I would bet a round on the house that this is an original piece of history

Thanks you guys. Grt advice and opinions!
    Neil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2