MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Two Vorschrift for the Feuerwehr

Article about: Guys, Two DvD for the fire brigade, I see an entry from the SS inside the front cover of both. Did the Fire services come under Mr Himmler as well? Jock

Default Two Vorschrift for the Feuerwehr

Guys,

Two DvD for the fire brigade, I see an entry from the SS inside the front cover of both. Did the Fire services come under Mr Himmler as well?

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Vorschrift for the Feuerwehr   Two Vorschrift for the Feuerwehr  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Vorschrift for the Feuerwehr
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two Vorschrift for the Feuerwehr

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Two DvD for the fire brigade, I see an entry from the SS inside the front cover of both. Did the Fire services come under Mr Himmler as well?
    Indeed they did.

From 1936 to 1938, the professional and volunteer fire departments had the status of a Polizeiexekutive besonderer Art (roughly "Police executive force of a special status") and were collectively referred to as Feuerlöschpolizei (Firefighting Police).

After 1938, most of the professional fire departments became the Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) and thus part of the police proper, while the volunteer fire departments had the status of a Technische Hilfspolizei (Technical Auxiliary Police) and were under the supervision of the Hauptamt Ordnungspolizei. (Main Office of the Order Police)

Himmler, of course, had been the head of the entire SS and German Police since 1936.

Default Re: Two Vorschrift for the Feuerwehr

HPL2008,

That was another very informative post, thanks for the detail.

PS do you have a name as HPL2008 is not that memorable for me?

Regards

Jock