MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Um Blut und Boden

Article about: Hi. Found a interesting book"Um Blut und Boden" from internet auction. can someone tell me about this book. how rare it is and etc. Greetz Marks

?

Default Um Blut und Boden

Hi.
    Found a interesting book"Um Blut und Boden" from internet auction. can someone tell me about this book. how rare it is and etc.

Greetz
    Marks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Um Blut und Boden   Um Blut und Boden  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Um Blut und Boden
    P
    Many

Default Re: Um Blut und Boden

Just one question!!
    How could you find an "interesting" book.... when you know nothing about it??
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hi.
    I ment "interesting" as from historical point of view. I haven´t seen and heard anything about this book and just wanted some information.
    Hope I expressed myself clearly this time

Greetz
    Marks

Hi Marks, this book is one of cornerstone books of Nazi thinking and is very famous. "Blood and Soil" was about the connection of the Germanic race to the land. Not rare at all. Here is some info about the author:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Walther_Darr%C3%A9

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks again Ade

cheers
    Marks

Also see my post of today. I own a copy of this volume inscribed by the author, in fact. Darre was the first head of the SS Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt in addition to his other governmental duties in the agricultural sector. Here is Heini H and Darre as well as the latter staff. Darre's idea, hardly original, was to reverse the process of modernization and free market processes in agriculture as well as the ill effects of industrialization and so called Landflucht, i.e. how can you keep them down on the farm after they have see the Ku'damm, as it were. A problem that has re appeared in a new form, actually, at least in the minds of some. But such is not my topic. Darre's ideas and those of other Nazi agricultural theorists gave a justification for Nazi imperialism and genocide in eastern Europe, and helped visit untold suffering on the people there either indirectly via theory, or, in Herbert Backe's case, in direct policy.
    Attached Images Attached Images Um Blut und Boden 

very interesting book Marks ! thank for showing

Pour un VRAI collectionneur , c est toujour INTÉRESSENT de trouvé un nouvel objet !

My Canadian friend is right that the new discoveries are always interesting. One day I shall sell my library of III. Reich period books as well as my fetid woolens to gladden the heart of all true collectors.

I also own a copy of Backe's book, too, but it is not inscribed.

another image of the author and Heini H.
    Attached Images Attached Images Um Blut und Boden 

?

novel way darre's wearing his dagger - a few inches more inboard and it'd be sort of funny...

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    another image of the author and Heini H.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast