Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unkown Book

Article about: I have this hardcover book , 1938 , I assume its some type of propaganda book, but I would be interested in that anyone knows what it is . It looks like part of a volume set of something . A

Default Unkown Book

I have this hardcover book , 1938 , I assume its some type of propaganda book, but I would be interested in that anyone knows what it is . It looks like part of a volume set of something .
    Any help to ID it would be appreciated .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unkown Book
    P
    Many

Kenworth: It is a legal gazette that was published from 1871 to 1945 that detailed the newly issued laws, legal opinions, and and applications of extant German law. Yours is for the second half of 1938. Dwight

It's a Law Book from 1938 listing the Legal Statutes ...The majority of listed topics concern legal changes for Austrians after the Anschluss...Quite decorative and good quality, it would be great if you had the full set of course, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Kenworth: It is a legal gazette that was published from 1871 to 1945 that detailed the newly issued laws, legal opinions, and and applications of extant German law. Yours is for the second half of 1938. Dwight
    Thanks Mate ,
    I thought it was something to that extent . But I cant read German , but I had a idea along those lines.
    Cheers and Merry Christmas

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    It's a Law Book from 1938 listing the Legal Statutes ...The majority of listed topics concern legal changes for Austrians after the Anschluss...Quite decorative and good quality, it would be great if you had the full set of course, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -
    Thanks Glenn ,
    I was given it a long time ago by someone who thought I might like it , Im not really into Nazi stuff , but is a really good condition item that ive kept safe. Thanks for the info.
    Merry Christmas

Glenn has already explained about the nature of the book; just allow me to elaborate a little:

The Reichsgesetzblatt [National Law Gazette] (for short RGBl.) came in two parts: Teil 2 [section 2] contained those national laws, statutes etc. concerning international treaties, national finances, national railways, shipping, the national bank and internal matters of the national parliamant. All other national laws, statutes etc. were published in Teil 1 (section 1).

Teil 1 and Teil 2 were published as a series of individual publications over the course of the year. Within one year, the publications were numbered sequentially and the pages consecutively across all these publications. (For example, 1933 had a total of 149 numbers of the Reichsgesetzblatt Teil I with pages numbered 1 to 1138.) The same principle applies to the present-day equivalent, the Bundesgesetzblatt [Federal Law Gazette] (BGBl.), by the way.

At the end of the year, complete tables of contents for the whole year were published and it was common practice to have bookbinding firms bind the individual numbers into massive, hardbound volumes, for which these rather nice and impressive gold-embossed covers and spines were commercially available.

These are historically signifcant documents and also very useful reference material for historians and, to a certain degree, even for collectors looking for background documentation (as the institution of natural awards and decorations was also published in the RGBl., Teil I).

For the benefit of German-speaking members, digitized versions of the RGBl. from 1919 through 1945 may be found here:

ALEX - Historische Rechts- und Gesetzestexte

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Quite decorative and good quality, it would be great if you had the full set of course, lol...
    I own the volumes for 1933 to 1943 myself. Best of all, I got them for free a decade ago: When my employer moved to a new facility back in 2003, a lot of old documents of all kinds were destroyed or simply dumped to reduce moving costs and save on archive space. This fate would have befallen those old law texts as well, so I asked whether I could have them, which was granted. Too bad the volumes for 1944 and 1945 were missing:

Unkown Book

Thanks for the detailed info on it gentleman.