Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping

Article about: This is a very recent addition to my collection and one that I was thrilled to get. The citations were awarded to Heinz Vorhoff who served in Schutzen Rgt 12 of the 4 Panzer Division and wha

Default Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping

This is a very recent addition to my collection and one that I was thrilled to get.

The citations were awarded to Heinz Vorhoff who served in Schutzen Rgt 12 of the 4 Panzer Division and what makes this grouping special is that as a Private he won both grades of the Iron Cross during the Polish Campaign, winning the EK II for actions on the 2nd September 1939 and the EK I just a few days later.
    The citations are dated for the 2nd & 5th October respectively, signed by Georg-Hans Reinhardt, and along with the grouping came a photo album which while sparse on the amount of photos does contain newspaper clippings explaining the actions that won him the EK II & I.
    I have no idea how many members of the Wehrmacht won both grades of the EK in Poland but I doubt it was many, especially so low a rank.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping   Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping  

Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping   Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping  

Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping
    P
    Many

Default Re: Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping

And here are the newspaper articles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping   Very Rare 1939 Fall Weiss Grouping  

I can see why you are thrilled to get this group. A double award for actions in Poland in 1939 has to be rare. Well done and thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Ade.

To achieve Both Ek's in that short space of time is Rare on its own, Keeping in Mind these Early EK's Were not handed out so readily compared to the latter years, Dont think ive seen such a set. Not to mention the Clippings, Very Nice