Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

VESTE KRETA newspaper!

Article about: Hello all again!! I found this newspaper on a dealer and i would like your opinions! I know that newspapers aren't the most desirable item so they are rarely faked but for me this particular

If you newspapers on the net, be careful to the price !
    Last year, i bought the last copy from Der Adler for 190 €, now, I know it's impossible to sell it at this price. Internet broke the prices.
    Now, you want one picture....google picture and you find what you want.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VESTE KRETA newspaper!
    P
    Many

Thanks for the information friend! Before i buy anything i post it here for opinions! I almost always include the price!!

Hello guys!!

Can anyone comment on the item's originality?

?

Thumbs up

I have no doubt as to its originality! I'd love to get my hands on one for my Fj and Kreta collection!
    I haven't been on Kreta since 1991 for the 50. aniversary. Spent a week+ wandering around the battle fields. I was much saddened to learn that the Fj monument had been torn down.
    Sarge

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    What is your 2nd post?
    "Veste Kreta“, von der Prop.Kp. beim Fstg.Kdt.Kreta, FPNr. 05774 P/ 68055E. Erste Ausgabe 28.5.1942. " ??
    As for the abbreviations: "Prop.Kp." = "Propagandakompanie", "Fstg.Kdt." ="Festungskommandant" and "FPNr." = "Feldpostnummer".

It translates as:

"'Veste Kreta', by the Propaganda Company with the Garrison Commander of Crete, field post no. 05774 P/ 68055E. First issue 28/5/1942"

Thanks a lot for the info!
    Sarge I learned that many of these papers have been republished and printed again over and over... It is nice to get a thumbs up!!

I forgot to wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

?

I have yet to see any reprinted items of this sort that are not readily identified as such.
    I have lots of original news papers and magazines of the period to compare with.
    Sarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2