Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Volkischer Beobachter. Sugestions please

Article about: Hi Received this VB yesterday. What is the best way to preserve it? How should I "pack" it? Is there any sort of protective plastic I should put it on? Does anyone has one stored -

JMM
    ?

Default Volkischer Beobachter. Sugestions please

Hi

Received this VB yesterday. What is the best way to preserve it? How should I "pack" it? Is there any sort of protective plastic I should put it on? Does anyone has one stored - How? Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volkischer Beobachter. Sugestions please   Volkischer Beobachter. Sugestions please  

Volkischer Beobachter. Sugestions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkischer Beobachter. Sugestions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Volkischer Beobachter. Sugestions please

Have a look here for some storage/display options:

- Home

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ade posted a good link to a company, U.K. based if I remember correctly, that offer fantastic preservation materials. Hopefully, he will see your post and maybe point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Nice item!

p.p.s. There it is! Ade must have sensed my thoughts...strong in the force is that one!

JMM
    ?

Thank you gentlemen for your fast replys and sugestions

Be aware,though, that newspaper has a high amount of sulpher in it(this is what turns it yellow with age) and it will continue to crumble and disintegrate regardless of what you do. About the best that you can aim to achieve is to put it into a PVC free plastic sleeve and never physically touch it again.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

JMM
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Be aware,though, that newspaper has a high amount of sulpher in it(this is what turns it yellow with age) and it will continue to crumble and disintegrate regardless of what you do. About the best that you can aim to achieve is to put it into a PVC free plastic sleeve and never physically touch it again.
    Thank you for the info - most usefull. After resisting for more than 70 years don't want it to desintegrate now

?

Would it be a good idea to scan the pages?

If you do,make it good the First time-and Gently! The poor old lad probably doesn't have many good readings left in him!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Very gently!!!! At least if your able to scan it, you can put the originsl away, safely protected, but still be able to read/ show it and preserve it permanently

JMM
    ?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Would it be a good idea to scan the pages?
    Yes I've thought of that but the pages are a bit big and I don't have an A3 printer. I've handled it very very carefully and don't want some guy from copy center scaning it without the proper care. I guess I'll take high resolution pics (just in case). Well the idea is to keep the original item as long as I can but I figure I'll end up by loosing it with the years .Well hopefully not