Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen-ss ink stamp

Article about: Here is a fine example of a scarce, period made Waffen-SS ink stamp. The stamp comes from the 23rd Waffen-SS Mountain Infantry Division "KAMA". The division was never fully complet

?

Default Waffen-ss ink stamp

Here is a fine example of a scarce, period made Waffen-SS ink stamp. The stamp comes from the 23rd Waffen-SS Mountain Infantry Division "KAMA". The division was never fully completed, yet elements did see action in Hungary during October 1944.
    The majority of the division consisted of men who were Bosnian Muslims and Catholic Croats, yet they were led by solely German officers. The division was disbanded at the end of October 1944, having only been in existence for several months. The word "KAMA", is a Balkan word for a small dagger that was used by shepherds. I have also attached an image of the division's insignia, the sunflower symbol.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-ss ink stamp   Waffen-ss ink stamp  

Waffen-ss ink stamp   Waffen-ss ink stamp  

Waffen-ss ink stamp  
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen-ss ink stamp 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-ss ink stamp
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen-ss ink stamp

A very nice example of a rare stamp Carl any chance you will add a an impression of the stamp on paper for us to see in the future.

Regards Mark K

Really interesting Carl, there can't be many items related to this unit left around. You certainly have some great items in your collection and a terrific variety.

?

Thank you for your comment Mark,

Regarding using the stamp, I have always been reluctant to do so. However, it doesn't actually say much, only "SS Kama" as the above image shows.

Regards,

Carl

Great item, can't be many of these around.

Cheers
    Jason

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Really interesting Carl, there can't be many items related to this unit left around. You certainly have some great items in your collection and a terrific variety.
    Thank you for your kind words Dave, I appreciate it, and also enjoy admiring some of the examples that you kindly share with us all here on the forum from time to time.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. Hope the Reichskanzlei display is coming on well.

?

Can not blame you there Carl for not wanting to use it for an impression ,

Regards Mark k

That is a little gem Carl

Thanks for backing it up,with the info on that division

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Flipped
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-ss ink stamp  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It's at a bit of a standstill at the moment, my mate the printer needs a higher resolution pic of the chancellery so I've been scouring the Internet to find one but so far no luck. I'll eventually find one. Cheers mate, when I get there I'll post pics on the forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast