Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

waffen ss postcard need help translating please

Article about: hi all i have purchased a waffen ss postcard could anyone give me any information on it or translate it for me please thank you

Default waffen ss postcard need help translating please

hi all i have purchased a waffen ss postcard could anyone give me any information on it or translate it for me please

thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss postcard need help translating please   waffen ss postcard need help translating please  

waffen ss postcard need help translating please   waffen ss postcard need help translating please  

waffen ss postcard need help translating please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen ss postcard need help translating please
    P
    Many

The card was sent by SS-Unterscharführer Sonnemeyer to Miss Emmi Marhenke, who was at a BDM Landjahr camp in Thuringia at the time. The sender's field post number tells us he was with the regimental staff or the staff company of SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 9 (SS-Polizei-Division). It says:

"Im Osten, den 12.12.43.

Liebe Emmi!

Durch Verlegung unserer Truppe ist die Postbeförderung von und nach uns sehr schlecht sodass viele Post verloren gegangen ist. Habe auch von Dir schon seit über 4 Wochen keine Psot mehr, bist Du so schreibfaul geworden? Oder hat es einen anderen Grund? Wir sind wie gesagt mal wieder umgezogen, aber immer noch hier oben, es sich also wenig oder garnichts geändert sodaß ich von hier nichts Neues schreiben kann.
    Wünsche Dir nun ein recht frohes Weihnachtsfest und viele Grüße

Dein

Heini
    "

...meaning:

"In the East, 12 Dec. 43.

Dear Emmi!

Due to our unit having been relocated, mail transportation from and to us has become very poor, so that a lot of mail has got lost. I haven't got any mail from you either for more than 4 weeks now; have you become so lazy when it comes to writing? Or is there another reason? As I said, we have moved once again, but are still up here; thus, little to nothing has changed, so there is nothing new from here for me to tell you.
    Now I wish you a very happy Christmas and many greetings

your

Heini"

thank you for replying and doing that for me that was very kind