Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A Willrich book from SS leadership school Wewelsburg

Article about: by Overthetop ive got goebbels diary too ...all joking aside I hope you try and seek recompense for any sales premium that might have been applied to the Willrich book you purchased for havi

Default Re: A Willrich book from SS leadership school Wewelsburg

The same book from US gov. archive has "bibliothek" slip and library stamp in a form that one would expect a TR library to use. The font used in the over-stamp is also a German Gothic Black which I would have expected to have been used by Wewelsburg library if such an over-stamp was ever used.

Below the two stamps used on the book:

For those who would like a PDF copy (270+MB) of the book, here is the archive download link:

http://ia601208.us.archive.org/10/it...enchen1938.pdf
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Willrich book from SS leadership school Wewelsburg
    P
    Many

I am late to this thread but must agree with my colleagues that the period book has had a modern stamping added to enhance value. The post by 4th Skorpian regarding the correct font for period stamps is a valid point. When you purchase from a known purveyor of fakes and doctored items, what you buy will be very likely of the same ilk.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

In addition, it's surely not that rare a book considering the point of it as essentially party sponsored propaganda. I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that you got one inside every box of Kornflaken (fur Heer und Marine) during the period.

I imagine Kornflaken is not in fact a brand of wartime German cereal, just in case anyone picks me up on that.

While it is probably unnecessary at this point, do allow me one final observation on the stamp:

Round stamps of this type were official seals and as such always bore the exact official designation of the respective agency/institution/unit. "SS Bibliothek Wewelsburg" seems far too vague a term to be even plausible for a period seal stamp.

The Wewelsburg facility was originally referred to as "Reichsführerschule SS" (ca. 1934/35), then re-designated as "SS-Schule Haus Wewelsburg". Finally, its full designation was "Amt SS-Schule Haus Wewelsburg im Hauptamt Persönlicher Stab RFSS".

I, for one, would expect one of these designations to appear on a seal used at the Wewelsburg. (And a party eagle as the central device rather than those massive SS runes.)

?

The big ol' SS runes are what grabs the attention of the unwary who do little research and buy into the frenzied world of fantasy TR items. Throw in the name Wewelsburg and well, you get this thread....

I have collected Nazi books for forty odd years, and while the book itself is quite authentic, the stamp is less than preposterous to anyone familiar with such things.
    False dedications in books as well as humped up ex libris nomenclature are an old game in all of this.
    I am sorry if the collector adheres to such an ill fated belief, but this site dedicates itself to the truth and its realities.
    This kind of thing enjoins a thoughtful and wise collector to do some research as opposed to fall into traps. The latter then entail a world wide humiliation, which is hardly edifying for anyone.
    None of us likes to impart bad news, but the ease of access to knowledge imposes the need for some patience in making this kind of purchase. There are some SS collectors here with very significant experience and we tend to offer our views at a very low price.
    Books can well contain evil and malicious ideas, and ideas are very powerful, especially when one sees today how attractive such ideas remain for many in our troubled world.
    Also, the Nazis used images of faces as a weapon to underscore their racist ideas. They surely did not invent this method of comparison, as it has existed far longer.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    While it is probably unnecessary at this point, do allow me one final observation on the stamp:

Round stamps of this type were official seals and as such always bore the exact official designation of the respective agency/institution/unit. "SS Bibliothek Wewelsburg" seems far too vague a term to be even plausible for a period seal stamp.

The Wewelsburg facility was originally referred to as "Reichsführerschule SS" (ca. 1934/35), then re-designated as "SS-Schule Haus Wewelsburg". Finally, its full designation was "Amt SS-Schule Haus Wewelsburg im Hauptamt Persönlicher Stab RFSS".

I, for one, would expect one of these designations to appear on a seal used at the Wewelsburg. (And a party eagle as the central device rather than those massive SS runes.)

Annoying when forum members have actually done their home work and ruin a perfectly good discussion with facts, valid arguments and a well rounded objective conclusion.

ive got goebbels diary too

?

Quote by Overthetop View Post
    ??

Quote by Overthetop View Post
    is it stamped "Goebbels Diary" ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast