Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!

Article about: Today i am buying this collection for £80 inc p&p it includes a WW1 Hindenburg Cross with Award document, his pass and finally a WW1 veterans visor cap which is before it was re-made wit

Default WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!

Today i am buying this collection for £80 inc p&p it includes a WW1 Hindenburg Cross with Award document, his pass and finally a WW1 veterans visor cap which is before it was re-made with swastikas although this isn't in great condition, this lot is great as it was the same guy who owned the lot which tells a lot of history!!!
    What do you guys think???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!   WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!  

WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!   WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!  

WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!  
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!  WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!  WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1 Veterans Society Collection!!!

I like it! good price to boot

Hi Glen, just clear up any possible confusion regarding this group:

You have his award citation for the Cross issued in 1935 and his Wehrpass which was issued regarding his possible status for call up for duty in WW2. The cap is a post WW2 Veterans Organisation issue. The cap could well have been his, but without a name, it is impossible to say 100%, but I seen no reason to say otherwise.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hey Ade thanks, just for reference but how do you know its postwar? I know the TR edition has swastikas instead of iron crosses but i thought this is the one before that?
    Thanks, Glen.

Hi Glen, the cap band around the body of the cap in a Third Reich era example has woven swastikas incorporated in the black rayon band. Sorry you we not given more info in your original post. This is the trouble with an "I like it" type comment alone.

Regardless, it is a nice little group.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Its fine Ade, i still like the set and glad i could buy it with out it being split up and i don't think the price was too bad
    Thanks, Glen.

I think the price was fine and glad it was not split too. I hate that.

Cheers, Ade.