Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Youth booklet?

Article about: Hello, I bought this booklet on a whim because I loved the cover, the woodcuts are cool and it was \\$5. I would love to know a information about it. I have found the typeface hard to read so

?

Default Youth booklet?

Hello,

I bought this booklet on a whim because I loved the cover, the woodcuts are cool and it was $5.

I would love to know a information about it. I have found the typeface hard to read so translating it has been difficult. I'm only guessing it is Hitler Jugend related from the text on the cover but I really wouldn't have a clue. There are about 8 wood-cuts, then a song and then writing.

Sorry if I have posted it in the wrong forum section.

Kind regards,
    Steffy.

Youth booklet?Youth booklet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Youth booklet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Youth booklet?

Hi Steffy

Its not Hitler Youth.

It a song book about the reformation of farming by the looks of it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It is HJ related though, it seems to be an evening songbook with agricultural works, homework for HJ perhaps. Nice piece, I can see why you wanted it.

Regards,

Carl

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    It is HJ related though, it seems to be an evening songbook with agricultural works, homework for HJ perhaps. Nice piece, I can see why you wanted it.

Regards,

Carl
    Correct Carl, I have just seen the small print

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Correct Carl, I have just seen the small print

Nick
    I didn't spot it at first either Nick, surprised myself that my Sunday vision was working too...

Cheers,

Carl

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Its not Hitler Youth. It a song book about the reformation of farming by the looks of it
    Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    It is HJ related though, it seems to be an evening songbook with agricultural works, homework for HJ perhaps.

Sorry, but I have to differ:

There is nothing agricultural about it: It's about the momentous 16th-century events of the Bauernkrieg [the German Peasants' War or Great Peasants' Revolt] and the Reformation [Protestant Reformation]. (The Bauernkrieg figured very prominently in the Nazis' view on German history; it is no coincidence that two SS Divisions were named after important figures in these events: The Franconian knights Götz von Berlichingen and Florian Geyer.)

It is indeed a HJ publication. Below the title it says: "The Kameradschaft. Papers for organizing house evenings in the Hitler Youth." (This was obviously a series of publications, with this being # 8.)

?

As ever, we are indebted to you Andreas. Thank you for continuing to provide us with the information and knowledge that you so kindly share.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks for the clarification Andreas

Nick

?

Thank you everyone for the information. I have just included a few better quality images of the inner pages.
    Steffy.

Youth booklet?
    Youth booklet?