Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

back packs used by US in Afganastan 2001

Article about: Hi I am putting together a US uniform and rig Afghanistan 2001 I am trying to find out what kind of small back packs where used. the pictures that I can see on the net show me a woodland one

?

Default Back packs

Hi Every one

Thank you for you help I have had o go at adding a picture

Regards Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement back packs used by US in Afganastan 2001
    P
    Many

Quote by Androw View Post
    hi thank you for the reply
    can please tell me about the LBVs ?? i have worked out all of the gear but the rucksacks back pack i just cant find a good picture for reference so when i am looking for one to buy i don,t shore

Regards Andrew
    Andrew, an LBV is a load bearing vest which has pouches for ammo magazines etc. as shown below. Now that I think of it, our rucks may have been standard OD. It has been 12 years since I was in basic training at Fort Knox, KY so my memory is a little cloudy. As soon as I finished basic training/AIT, my TA-50 all went back to the depot & then I was using ACU digital camo gear. I do remember some articles being woodland though. The link is to typical OD rucksack which would have been quite common.

I VIVIDLY remember paying the Army $55 for an issued woodland poncho that I somehow didn't have in my possession when I arrived to turn in my gear! Haha. I was pretty pissed about that charge because that poncho didn't cost the Army $55 & I know one of my platoon mates took mine because they lost theirs.

US Military Surplus Genuine Issue Large Alice Pack OD Green Used – McGuire Army Navy

Androw the biggest question is are you looking to put together an army uniform and rig or Marine? If you settle on one or at least let us know which route you are looking to go down you can get better answers. Captain has given you some good stuff regarding US Army gear but that won’t help you if your trying to put a USMC rig together.

There you go - you've done well! .... there's a bunch of well informed, helpful blokes on here, one of the ( if not THE ) best forums about!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Default US Afganastan set up

Ok Wow thank you every body

this is what iv got so far im not shore if the jacket is right ?? I can get a different jacket if need be I get them from William at BSR Militaria

once agene thank you

Best Regards Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture back packs used by US in Afganastan 2001   back packs used by US in Afganastan 2001  

back packs used by US in Afganastan 2001   back packs used by US in Afganastan 2001  

Looks like you got a nice start to a US Army soldier in the early days of Iraq/Afghanistan. I would go off what Lance and Capitan have provided you here.

?

Wow its a bit overwhelming but its grate getting every ones knowledge and life Esperance
    pretty good

Thank you

?

Hi Every one

I have decided to go with the woodland vest and the LVB woodland but pack belt with canteens amo poachers and a Hydrantion Backpack. Thank you for your help. I have had anther look through the pictures and yes there is a mish mach of gear.

Once Agene thank you
    Regards Andrew

?

?

The pictures are grate

Thank You

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast