Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Vietnam 9th Infantry Division Jacket

Article about: Hey guys, with the whole corona-virus thing going on, I have had some spare time so I thought I would show my Vietnam Era Tropical AG-344 Tunic. I really like this jacket because of the 9th

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Here is an example of the 9th ID DPV...Mounted with the MK 19 Grenade Launcher and M60D Machine-gun. The Spade grips on the M60 were most commonly used in helicopters for door gunners but was a practical fit for a gunner in the DPVs.
    I have seen that here. At MCAS Yuma. It was on the flight line with a bunch of SEAL's who came out here to blow shit up. They do that alot here at our Ranges.
    When I work for VMFT 401, I was on my golfcart heading from my shop to the squadron hanger and saw them all huddled up in their staging area by one of the ordnance lockers where the 50 cal's are stored waiting for the C-130 to come in.
    It was set up just like that one with the MK19 on top and M240 at the passenger side. I hit the brakes on my cart just to look at that Beautiful thing. One of the SEAL's saw me and said "You Like This Shit?" I replied HELL YEAH!! He just had a shit eating grin from ear to ear.

Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vietnam 9th Infantry Division Jacket
    P
    Many

Great photo Smitty. Reminds me the concept was 40 years older, North Africa 1942. Even Chuck would have approved of this jeep.

Vietnam 9th Infantry Division Jacket

?

Anderson,
    I watch the History channel when they did a special on those. It was a raid on a German airfield.
    They used an aircraft Lewis gun on the back.
    Very Cool.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 05-18-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Yes, actually the Vickers K model as seen in photo above mounted at rear of jeep, was an aircraft MG, twin barrel and huge rate of fire.

Anderson,

Great throw back picture.. Sterling's Desert Raiders and the Long Range Desert Group was one of my favorite units of WW2 growing up..

And then who could ever forget "RAT PATROL" the TV series... It still comes on and I get to watch it every once in a great while..

Smitty

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post

And then who could ever forget "RAT PATROL" the TV series... It still comes on and I get to watch it every once in a great while..

Smitty
    Its on here on Saturday nights. When I saw the area for the scenes, I thought that looks like Yuma??? So I looked it up and the First shows were done in Yuma. It was filmed in the same area where Star Wars was filmed at our Dune's outside of Yuma. Then they moved it to Spain.

They show 2 episondes from 2200-2300, Then the series 12 O'Clock High comes on.
    My Saturday nights sure have changed Combat, Rat Patrol and 12 O'Clock High

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 05-18-2020 at 10:05 PM.

I was in Yuma during the filming of "Beau Geste" and "Flight of the Phoenix" had just been filmed there.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

We're miles off topic now boys.

I know -- my bad.
    My apologies to Calloway for taking this thread of coarse.
    Wish I could have been of more help on his uniform jacket.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2