Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Issue with OG 1968 jungle boots

Article about: So I've had this unissued pair of RO SEARCH, 1968 dated, vibram sole jungle boots. I've been taking care of them quite diligently, but despite all my efforts, some of the leather parts seem

Default Issue with OG 1968 jungle boots

So I've had this unissued pair of RO SEARCH, 1968 dated, vibram sole jungle boots. I've been taking care of them quite diligently, but despite all my efforts, some of the leather parts seem to just crack (funnily enough on one boot only). Shoud I be worried? Is this normal? Any tips? This never happened with my 70's post war JB's

Cheers

PS: The ankle support color differs from one boot to the other, is that normal too? Kinda threw me off at first.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Issue with OG 1968 jungle boots
    P
    Many

I wouldn't think the leather crack is anything you can do about once it's happened. But they look well looked after. The differing color of the fabric may indicate a mismatched pair. When I bought a pair in the 1990's (Bata made late 1960's) they were in a huge pile at the army surplus store and some were used and some unissued and some mismatched pairs, even though size was correct.

Can't tell if they are deep cracks? in they are not, I wouldn't worry - I assume you are not wearing them?

As to colour variation, can just be supplier variations of material and also what was available on the production line. These aren't made for fashion.

?

Leather normaly cracks if dried out , even when not used.
    Many people over treat them with stuff that makes them shiny , but can also dry the leather out over time.
    Ive seen items lovingly cared for over the years , yet killed by kindness , over time from leather drying out or stitching being destroyed from treatments.

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Leather normaly cracks if dried out , even when not used.
    Many people over treat them with stuff that makes them shiny , but can also dry the leather out over time.
    Ive seen items lovingly cared for over the years , yet killed by kindness , over time from leather drying out or stitching being destroyed from treatments.
    Oh fair enough! What'd you recommend as far as taking care of them? I don't really want to have an absolutely perfect pair, worn boots look pretty sweet imo, but I still want to be able to use them properly!