Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kitting out your M1C

Article about: Was going to add this to the original thread I posted back in 2014 on the helmet, but this is less about the helmet and more about the stuff on it. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1-...am-

MAP
    ?

Default Kitting out your M1C

Was going to add this to the original thread I posted back in 2014 on the helmet, but this is less about the helmet and more about the stuff on it.

M1 - Vietnam Era?

First a few acknowledgements.

1) I want to thank everyone for the advice on these helmet bands from another thread I created. I was not able to find an original, so purchased this repro strap. It is a great copy, but I really wanted an original.

2) So a big thumbs up to Marty (Tank Destroyer) for spending a lot of time and effort and magically sourcing an original for me. It has yet to arrive, so the photos below are of the repro.

3) Thanks to Anderson for pointing me to a great dealer with lots of "smalls"

I kept it simple for this round but will switch it up over time.

Was able to pick up a nice NOS bottle of "Bug Juice" dated 1966 as well as a period pack of promotional Camel Cigarettes.

I have a few political buttons that I'm thinking of adding as well as a can opener, etc., but as said, another time.

Add your creations if you like.

Kitting out your M1C

Kitting out your M1C

Kitting out your M1C

Kitting out your M1C

Kitting out your M1C

Kitting out your M1C

Kitting out your M1C

Kitting out your M1C
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kitting out your M1C
    P
    Many

Michael great looking lid and setup. It looks like it stepped right off the front lines.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Thanks Marty.

Needs a bit of work. Not perfect yet. But that will be the fun part.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Must say that the cover has a very deep colour print! nice. Looks like it has a different base colour to mine and others I've seen.

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Must say that the cover has a very deep colour print! nice. Looks like it has a different base colour to mine and others I've seen.
    No idea Rene. My one and only example and haven't handled or seen enough to know. This one definitely has seen the sun so it's not a NOS with bright colors.

Quote by MAP View Post
    No idea Rene. My one and only example and haven't handled or seen enough to know. This one definitely has seen the sun so it's not a NOS with bright colors.
    Oh no I'm not saying it's new old stock that's for sure, just looks to be a variation of the norm.

Throwing up a crap set shot of my one and only too. '65 or '66 going by memory!?!

MAP
    ?

Very nice Rene. Love the flag and flight helmet.

Looking good! Great display photos too, very arty.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Looking good! Great display photos too, very arty.
    Thanks. Got the bug juice and Camels from Hayes. Nice guy! Thanks for all the help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast