Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Father-in-law ‘s uniform

Article about: Here is the uniform and gear my father in law gave me. He was in the 18th engineering batt. Enjoy

?

Default My Father-in-law ‘s uniform

Here is the uniform and gear my father in law gave me. He was in the 18th engineering batt. Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Father-in-law ‘s uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Father-in-law ‘s uniform
    P
    Many

Nice grouping! I really like the way you have it all displayed, too. Much better than what I've got rigged up for my stuff!

?

Thank you! I’m quite proud of it. Next I’ll have to set out his class A uniform

MAP
    ?

Saw this the other day and didn't get a chance to reply.

Fantastic that he kept all this and has passed it down to the family.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is nice.
    So what years did he serve in the Army?
    Are those M14 ammo pouches?
    Thank him for his service from me.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 08-08-2019 at 03:36 AM.

?

I believe he was in the Army from 1966-69. Yep, those are m14/M16 pouches. Even though he was in an engineering battalion he was issued a M14 for when he had to pull guard duty. He didn’t see combat but he built the bases and Quonset huts. I will be sure to give him your “thanks”.
    Thank you all for the kind responses. My dad served in the Navy during the Vietnam War also. He was on a Carrier. The recovery ship for the Gemini program. He was on board when they picked up Gemini 12..I wish he had kept his uniforms, he does still have his PeaCoat and his “dixiecup” hat (which he did give me). I am very proud of both of them!