Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Painted Helmet

Article about: Got this at the flea market for \\$40. Helmet is front seam fixed bail. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Default Painted Helmet

Got this at the flea market for $40. Helmet is front seam fixed bail. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Painted Helmet   Painted Helmet  

Painted Helmet   Painted Helmet  

1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Painted Helmet
    P
    Many

Great helmet! The front insignia on the liner seems to be a Vietnamese jump wing. Suspension type? Shell chinstraps?

?

Helmet has no chinstraps. Has Jump Status designatior. Liner is a regular type. It has Ranger qualification,Airborne and Ranger designator. Rich A. in Pa.

Interesting albeit odd helmet. Are we considering this an original ranger helmet? It may be the pics but the yellow insignia's appear to have been hand brushed on with thick yellow paint but show very little aging or chipping. I for one have never seen the ARVN ranger panther superimposed over a clear star. If we look at examples with providence and historical photos; the panther is always on a white star with a red outline (just like the patch insignia).

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Painted Helmet  

?

I know nothing about the helmet. Got it at the flea market. The seller knew nothing about it. Rich A. in Pa.

Rich, do you have any close up pictures of the painted insignia’s and of the paint on the helmet?

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Pics. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Painted Helmet   Painted Helmet  

Hopefully someone who collects ARVN helmets will chime in with an opinion.

Rich,
    You did well for 40.00usd and will display well. As for the authenticity of the helmet, I don’t believe it’s original due to the freshness of the paint and but clear pictures and better close up to be 100% but I’m 90% on the side of a recreation helmet. I like it.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

The Ranger insignia on the front looks way to small, when compared to the authentic examples I have seen. I think this was probably painted up in the last 20 years or so.