Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Removal of modern ink from covers

Article about: Recently bought an M1 Helmet cover for fairly cheap, and the seller said he bought it at a surplus store without any graffiti. He put some graffiti on it for a Halloween costume or reenactme

Default Removal of modern ink from covers

Recently bought an M1 Helmet cover for fairly cheap, and the seller said he bought it at a surplus store without any graffiti. He put some graffiti on it for a Halloween costume or reenactment (I can't remember which) with a sharpie in the 90s-2000s. I'd like to remove the modern graffiti from it and leave the cover clean. Is there any possible way of going about this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Removal of modern ink from covers
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

In my experience, you might try something like Goof Off. Do a Google on it.

Goof Off is acetone based so it may remove some of the colors of the fabric as well. Be careful. And I don't think it will get it all out

Can also try WD40, tooth paste with baking soda or alcohol / cheap hair spay with a high alcohol content (which I use for my potato cannons )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Isopropyl alcohol, available at your local chemist shop will also help remove some ink. I'm not sure WD40 is a good idea as it is then difficult to remove traces of it whilst the alcohol disperses in air once dry. Pictures of what you are facing might help inform our replies too.

MAP
    ?

Correct. My bad. WD40 is for hard surfaces
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

White vinegar will pull some of the ink out though you will need to repeat the process a few times.

?

I agree with Blackcat on using the Isopropyl alcohol . It's what we use at work when removing permanent marker.
    Now Goof Off is great but it does say CAUTION BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,Damages many plastics ,worn vinyl floor, automotive paints and some carpets.
    Semper Fi
    Phil