Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics

Article about: Title: Imperial Japanese Army and Navy Uniforms and Equipment (Revised Edition) Author: Tadao Nakata and Thomas B. Nelson Year: First Printing 1973, Fourth Printing (revised edition 1997) IS

Default Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics

Title: Imperial Japanese Army and Navy Uniforms and Equipment (Revised Edition)
    Author: Tadao Nakata and Thomas B. Nelson
    Publishers: Ironside International Publishers, Inc.
    Year: First Printing 1973, Fourth Printing (revised edition 1997)
    ISBN: 0-935554 04 1
    Hardcover
    335 pages
    Photo/Scan of the book cover
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics  
    Last edited by MAP; 01-10-2021 at 04:55 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics
    P
    Many

Title: Heitai - Uniforms, Equipment & Personal Items of the Japanese Infantryman 1931-1945
    Author: Agustin Saiz
    Publisher: Andrea Press
    Year: 2011
    ISBN: 987-84-96658-31-8
    Pages: 463
    Scan of book cover
    Note: This is a sister book to the German counter part by same author.

Title: Deutsche Soldaten - Uniforms, Equipment & Personal Items of the German Soldier 1939-45
    Author: Agustin Saiz
    Publisher: Andrea Press
    Year: 2008
    ISBN: 978-84-96658-12-7
    Hardcover: 311 pages
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-15-2020 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Changed incorrect date from a Mod change

MAP
    ?

Title: Imperial Japanese Good Luck Flags and One-Thousand Stitch Belts
    Author: Michael A. Bortner DDS
    Publisher: A Schiffer Military History Book
    Year: 2008
    ISBN: 987-0-7643-2927-2
    Pages: 286

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Title: Fighting Men of World War II Axis Forces - Uniforms, Equipment & Weapons
    Author: David Miller
    Publisher: Stackpole Books
    Year: 2007
    ISBN: 978-0-8117-0277-5
    Hardcover: 384 pages

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Title: Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces
    Author: Gary Nila & Robert A Rolfe
    Publisher: Osprey
    Year: 2006
    ISBN: 978 1 84603 100 7
    # of Pages: 48
    Photo/Scan of Book Cover:

Note: This book has been highlighted to have errors: See feedback in the link below for which I have also copied below.

Post Your Comments on Reference Books Here

Page 5 - "Ozaki Unit, Shanghai 1934". Ozaki did not command an infantry unit until December 20th, 1937. This unit is mostly known for operations in Tsingtao, so the location of Shanghai is suspicious.

Page 7 - "Maizuru 1st SNLF, 1937". The uniforms are post 1937 regulation. The unit sign says Sugino Unit, who was commander of Kure 3rd SNLF between 1937-1939. Maizuru 1st SNLF did not exist until 1940.

Page 20 - "SNLF troops pose with their commanding officer in Shanghai,1934." The equipment and uniforms are not possible for 1934. Most notably many wear late pattern Type 38 pouches which did not exist until 1937. A soldier is noted as having a Bergman SMG, it is actually a Steyr-Solothurn S1-100, which were not seen in use until at least 1938.

Page 22 - "Troops of the Maizuru 1st SNLF pose in Hainan, China, in 1939... all the enlisted men hold the superior Type 99 rifle and all wear Type 99 pouches". As previously stated, the Maizuru 1st SNLF did not exist until 1940. All of them clearly have Type 38 rifles. There is no such item as Type 99 pouches.

Page 41 - "SNLF troops of the 81st security battalion". This is not possible, SNLF and "security battalion" are two distinct unit types. Security battalion is a somewhat unsatisfactory translation of keibitai, which is better described guard unit. The men depicted are the 81st Guard Unit, it has no relation to SNLF.

Models

Page A - The haversack is worn on the incorrect side, the helmet is tied incorrectly, the gaiters are worn on opposite sides.

Page B - Petty officers were not issued officer gaiters, the undershirt is worn incorrectly, the gas mask bag is in incorrect configuration, the canteen is not secured.

Page C - The date of 1942-45 is not possible for this uniform and equipment. It should be late 1943 to 1945. The canteen and mapcase are worn on incorrect sides for a naval officer.

Page D - This equipment is not appropriate for the date of 1940-45. The cap is late 1943 regulation, the gas mask bag is 1942. Body armor did not see significant use by the IJN aside from in Shanghai between 1936 and 1937. The configuration of gear is not correct for any IJN Type 89 user.

*This is just a list of major errors. About 50% or more of the period photos have incorrect information captioned. There are countless minor errors and inconsistencies present on every page in the book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics  
    Last edited by MAP; 06-15-2020 at 03:04 AM.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Title: Uniforms and Equipment of the Imperial Japanese Army in World War II
    Author: Mike Hewitt
    Publisher: Schiffer Publishing
    Year: 2002
    ISBN: 0-7643-1680-X
    Hardcover
    Pages: 288

Title: Changi Photographer - George Aspinall's Record Of Captivity
    Author: Tim Bowden
    Publisher: ABC Enterprises & William Collins Pty Ltd
    Year: 1984
    ISBN: 0 642 97559 0 & 0 00 217318 2 (Collins)
    Pages: 144
    Hardcover
    Scan of book cover

?

Title: Imperial Japanese Army and Navy: Uniforms and Equipment 2
    Author: Tadao Nakata
    Publishers: Kemiya Shokai Co, Ltd.
    Year: First Printing 2010,
    ISBN: 9784871800211
    Hardcover
    391 pages

?

Title: Orders and Medals of Japan and Associated States
    Author: James W. Peterson
    Publishers: OMSA,
    Year: First Printing 2000
    ISBN: 978-1890974091
    Hardcover
    178 pages

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Title: Imperial Japanese Army and Navy: Uniforms and Equipment 2
    Author: Tadao Nakata
    Publishers: Kemiya Shokai Co, Ltd.
    Year: First Printing 2010,
    ISBN: 9784871800211
    Hardcover
    391 pages

Hi guys, I've been trying to find this book for two years for sale here in the states but no sale.Can someone please tell me where I might possibly buy it here in the U.S., I've been checking Amazon but they never seem to have it. I don't like buying things overseas.Thank you in advance.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast