MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Brass knuckles !

Article about: It's great they didn't get lost along the way!

Default Re: Brass knuckles !

Here is a pic of the only dusters I have, I dont think they are miliyary but they look quite old.

z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brass knuckles !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brass knuckles !
    P
    Many

Quote by zephyr4 View Post
    Here is a pic of the only dusters I have, I dont think they are miliyary but they look quite old.

z4
    These look very nasty, looks like the spikey bits on the sides are to be stabbed into some poor sods head in the way you would use a dagger, similar to the skull cracker on FS Daggers.

Thanks for showing these guys

Danny

?

Thumbs up Re: Brass knuckles !

I never thought about these as collector piece's
    BUT WOW
    Thanks for Sharing the Pic's

Jan
    ?

Weren´t these made during the trench war in WW1 in numbers as well as later on.. Remember seeing a couple of them in fights in the seventies.

Rgds Jan

Jan
    ?

Quote by zephyr4 View Post

z4
    Looks old to me to.. would deliver a heavy punch with that weight.

Rgds Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    Weren´t these made during the trench war in WW1 in numbers as well as later on.. Remember seeing a couple of them in fights in the seventies.

Rgds Jan
    I've seen them used recently, very nasty, but at least it was a demo given by a riot police officer and against a rather large chunk of meat I cant imagine what kind of pain and damage these things would inflict if used by someone who knew what they were doing

Thanks

Danny

?

Got a few, mostly First World War but there is 1 later dated one and an American 1878 one from Lincoln County. I only really collect ones that have been marked with either regiment or name and date. The one with the blade looks to have been trench made with an old bayonet.

I like them anyway

My uncle used to have a set of these a long time ago and he used to box as a heavyweight boxer in the army. I do not think he ever had cause to use them although I remember them as a small boy because they would not fit.
    I remember my uncle with some fondness as he was very much a gentle giant who could stand in a doorway that would totally disappear behind him.
    He was a very nice person until/unless you got on the wrong side of him but as far as I know he never had to use anything other his than
    his fists because he was just so "huge" and could keep his opponent out of range and KO them.
    He originally joined the infantry in WW2 but was latterly wounded and seconded to the military police.

I think these are awesome. You almost can't believe that armies actually issued these things. I have only ever seen a handful for sale, all rather expensive. Great collection.

In my youth, I had a very heavy set of these made in the 1920-30 era Cleveland,Ohio. They worked...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast