Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Exciting dagger find from Finnish Lappland

Article about: Hi Jan, Looking at your new photos i am convinced that the knife was made in it entirety from the bolt and cocking handle of the rifle . Being made from the one single piece of metal this wo

Default Re: Exciting dagger find from Finnish Lappland

Hi Jan,

Looking at your new photos i am convinced that the knife was made in it entirety from the bolt and cocking handle of the rifle . Being made from the one single piece of metal this would give it the strength and integrity that would not come with a welded joint. Given a sufficiently high heat source and a reasonable level of knowledge it would have been a fairly simple procedure to alternatly heat the bolt and then hammer it to shape to make the knife blade. Anyone with basic black smithing skills would be able to do so.( such as a unit farrier ). I have to say that they made a nice job out of it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Exciting dagger find from Finnish Lappland
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Hi Jan,

Looking at your new photos i am convinced that the knife was made in it entirety from the bolt and cocking handle of the rifle . Being made from the one single piece of metal this would give it the strength and integrity that would not come with a welded joint. Given a sufficiently high heat source and a reasonable level of knowledge it would have been a fairly simple procedure to alternatly heat the bolt and then hammer it to shape to make the knife blade. Anyone with basic black smithing skills would be able to do so.( such as a unit farrier ). I have to say that they made a nice job out of it.
    Thanks for your input Robin. Seems like you are right here

Cheers JAN

- - Updated - -

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Hi Jan,

Thanks for your input Robin. Seems like you are right here

Cheers JAN

Jan
    ?

Started using the knife as a "letter opener" today , worked well

Jan

Lol - this is a really nice, well made dagger indeed.
    Great find.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Jan
    ?

Thanks for the comment Steve. I´m convinced that the dagger was made for this purpose and not for killing

Jan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3