Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer ring

Article about: sure a cool looking ring - but again: pure fantasy made piece -- sorry, i like to tell good news much more

?

Default Heer ring

I got this ring 4 or 5 years ago. I posted it on another forum and people liked it. I think it's time to post it also here
    The ring had a silver wash almost worn off and appears to be brass made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer ring   Heer ring  

Regards

Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer ring

It appears to be an early war example Zeller, do you know where it came from or any more history on it? Very nice, but I'm always nervous buying rings. This one definitely looks like a legit period piece.
    Jay

?

Would agree with Jay period piece - german PX item.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

A very nice piece Matt ! As Jay mentions, it would be nice to know its history

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

thank you guys! Actually it has no particular history: I got it years ago together with an interesting gasmask canister with a SS name painted on it. I am glad to read your positive comments
    Regards

Matt

?

Hi!

Sorry - but on my opinion this ring is a fantasy item. This pattern came up in the last few years and is now everywhere.
    Here for example take a look.

Militaria321.com - Auktion - WH RING AUS SILBER

Sorry my bad english.

Odal / Germany

?

Hello Odal,

welcome to the forum, your english is fine.
    I got this ring in a trade in 2006 or 2007, and indeed they look very similar.
    Did you have the chance to inspect closely one of those sold on the auction site? they look like they are made of different material, mine is brass made.
    I would like to be 100% sure before dismissing it.
    Regards

Matt

?

Hi Zeller!

I am collecting nearly only german military and patriotic rings since the late 70ies, so i am not a real expert in this area but i have got some knowledge on this rings and learned a lot in the last few years from some other collecting buddies in the web.

This ring pattern i saw first i think about 8 to 10 years ago. Now they are around in different materials - most badly cast in a low quality silver - some in a "funny" alloy and plated.

Sorry, but i have none of these rings in my collection or better pics for comparing.
    But for me they are sure fantasy.
    There is no evidence of existing this ring pattern in the period. No period pics of wearing, no announcemtens, no advertisements, no sure period rings with reasonable story ....

Odal

Odal has told all about this ring. As i wrote in my email yesterday it is surely a fantasie ring. It is in better condition than the cheaper made silver rings, but it is not a real one.

?

All in the eye of the beholder
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast