Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Trench Art. Shell Shot Glasses in Brass.

Article about: Hello, My Trench Art. Set of 6 Shell Shot Glasses. Made from genuine 14.5×114 mm (.57 Cal) shell casing. found on the battlefields of the Eastern Front line. Each casing is throughly inspect

?

They are not original Trench art just pimped up shell casings , but you know that already so what other opnions do you want ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Trench Art. Shell Shot Glasses in Brass.
    P
    Many

Quote by TrenchArtStudio View Post
    I don't sell them I just want to hear opinions about this shot glass.
    Of course not. Heaven forbid....!!

Psssst.....I'll take a dozen.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

They look like manufactured garbage to me , made to deceive the new collector .

I'm sure they'll appear on flee bay as originals .

Not actually frothing...but, these are just a few of the modern day junk that I Have been cursing for the last several years that have basically ruined one of my favorite little sidelines of collecting. The items posted above are coming out of the Ukraine and are, fortunately, quite easy to spot, but as also said, it is only a matter of time before the naive begin paying money for them thinking they are WWII vintage, when they are, in reality, simply war era shell cases that have been toyed with. I'm waiting to see someone bury a couple of these until they corrode and look excavated. I notice that the seller/maker has been trying to hawk them on eBay for some while now, but I don't know how successful he's been. He wants a pricey bit for them as well, which isn't helping much I don't imagine. I am abit more than dismayed to see this crap actually showing up Here,however....
    On a lighter note,though, I Do have a couple of new glasses coming in from Europe and have been contemplating posting the seller's photos or waiting until they come in and are in hand. Knight's crosses to Mother's crosses....TR Art to Trench art....everything that can be made a dollar on are, today, being faked...a shame...there was a day when the hobby was more enjoyable...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

He is getting Close now on eBay. Take a look at the latest he's got to offer there. He must have been looking at mine for ideas. He's started flaring the rims rather than the first ones he offered with straight rims. And look at the "clever" fake aging on this one! He's still stating that it is newly made, but it's only a short time now until this garbage begins showing up as "just dug" or "found in a bunker", etc.

My Trench Art. Shell Shot Glasses in Brass.My Trench Art. Shell Shot Glasses in Brass.
    William

?

First, in my opinion they are made with acid etching technology. So there is no way, to make these shot glasses in ww2 using that technology. So if collector cannot find difference between Trench art and acid etching, i very doubt he can be called a collector. Here is an example of casing which has been etched in acid:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Trench Art. Shell Shot Glasses in Brass.  

When fake makers go to such lengths to artificially age an item, it will, undoubtedly be purchased by a naive or trusting collector who will thus be cheated. Not really fair to say that they are "not a collector". Not every person in a hobby begins out as an eagle-eyed expert. What is obvious to us may well be unknown and unrealized by a novice-the very people who get their money stolen by these people.
    William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2