Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased

Article about: Hey guys, i need some help, this box came with a Luft field coffee pot, dated 1939, i bought last summer. The seller has no clue about the box, not even sure if she got them together. Looks

?

Default Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased

Hey guys, i need some help, this box came with a Luft field coffee pot, dated 1939, i bought last summer. The seller has no clue about the box, not even sure if she got them together. Looks post war to me, hinges look too new !!! Also swastika is not angled. My assumptions are, some made up item not related to WW2? Other opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased   Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased  

Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased   Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased  

Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased   Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased
    P
    Many

Default Re: Odd wooden box, got free with a Luft field coffee pot i purchased

All I can offer, is the swastika is Finnish in style.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade, any idea of the age? .................................. anyone else care to throw in some ideas..... come on guys!!!!!

Well I'll add that those hinges could possibly be from the 1930's or later. Two of the brass screws have been replaced with iron ones, don't know why, I can't imagine these coming loose. I don't know if it's war time era or not. Wood that is stored correctly just doesn't age like other materials so it's hard to tell.

Jay

?

I want to display this box in my collection, because it is unique and obviously home made.....but i have reservations due to the hard time proving it is even Third Reich related. It would look nice setting with some personal items, lighter, cig. case, etc. ............. since it is so hard to date, are the odds more in favor of this being period? Perhaps a gift to a soldier from a family member, or child?

I don't think anyone could say with 100% certainty about an item like this? If you like it, use it the way you mention. Collecting is about having fun.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I think it looks to have some age, probably homemade and would look fine in a display, IMO, though when it was made and why are questions that I cannot answer with any certainty.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Haha!!
    Another woden box!!
    To me it is a well made box, but the inlay was very badly done by a amateur, no chance at all that the box was made by the same guy who did the inlay!
    The box wood is a fruit tree, probably cherry wood.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

About the age, to me; pre WWI.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

To me this box looks like it was originally part of an antique sewing machine table.
    I agree with Kris - the inlay was very naively done by an amateur.

It could have been used to store the pot in - simply because it
    happened to fit - but the inlay is not period, IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast