Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake - Anyone ever see these before?

Article about: They were being sold as Russian Shot Glasses.... not in hand yet and little other description, but I collect shell cases so regardless they would be of interest. Not sure of the insignia but

Default Real or Fake - Anyone ever see these before?

They were being sold as Russian Shot Glasses.... not in hand yet and little other description, but I collect shell cases so regardless they would be of interest. Not sure of the insignia but my memory (what's left of it) thinks they are German.

Best regards!
    - Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake - Anyone ever see these before?   Real or Fake - Anyone ever see these before?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake - Anyone ever see these before?
    P
    Many

The one on the right is the symbol for Waffen SS Division Hohenstaufen. I cannot comment on their authenticity but as with all SS items they are suspect until confirmed real. NH

In my eyes they look artificially aged.

Regards

Any thoughts on how to tell? I've collected shells and casings for a long time, but generally stick with WW1 Era items.... a few anyway. Small corner of the collection in pic. Don't find too many fakes in that arena.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake - Anyone ever see these before?   Real or Fake - Anyone ever see these before?  

The plaques are postwar fabrications. Do not buy these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade! So this would be the type of thing made to sell to the troops after the war, or even later just to fool someone. I know a lot of Trench Art was made after WW1 just to be sold as souvenirs. But don't know if this was the case in WW2.

?

They show the insignia of Nederland , Das Reich ands as pointed out Hohenstaufen Divisions , i don't believe they are post war vet items just modern repros with an SS Div tac sign stuck on to sex them up !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I'd rather have trench art made "after" WWI than these any day of the week ;-)

Quote by MikeS0000 View Post
    Thanks Ade! So this would be the type of thing made to sell to the troops after the war, or even later just to fool someone. I know a lot of Trench Art was made after WW1 just to be sold as souvenirs. But don't know if this was the case in WW2.
    These are 4th Reich junk made to fool the gullible. As Ade said, stay clear of this junk. There is no reason to reward the fakers.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.