Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Shell Art- Dagger/Letter Opener

Article about: Came across a decent-looking piece this morning, 19cm total length...German Seller is asking 30 Euros...I actually believe it's a WWI Piece, which is fine with me as well...What do you think

Default Shell Art- Dagger/Letter Opener

Came across a decent-looking piece this morning, 19cm total length...German Seller is asking 30 Euros...I actually believe it's a WWI Piece, which is fine with me as well...What do you think, good price?
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shell Art- Dagger/Letter Opener   Shell Art- Dagger/Letter Opener  

Shell Art- Dagger/Letter Opener  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shell Art- Dagger/Letter Opener
    P
    Many

?

I think it's expensive especially after adding shipping etc. but after saying that, if you like it, have the money spare and don't see them often then why not.

The bullet looks French, don't they have a date at the bottom?

Tony

30 E is a decent price for one of these. These shrapnel "Letter openers" were a very popular trench art form and come in endless variations. This looks like a pretty well made one and is certainly worth the price.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks Tony...the cross-guard is made out of two bullet-projectiles which wouldn't be marked...only casings are marked...
    I appreciate your input!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    30 E is a decent price for one of these. These shrapnel "Letter openers" were a very popular trench art form and come in endless variations. This looks like a pretty well made one and is certainly worth the price.
    Thanks for your input William, much appreciated my friend!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Thanks Tony...the cross-guard is made out of two bullet-projectiles which wouldn't be marked...only casings are marked...
    I appreciate your input!
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn, just checked a bullet I have, if the one on the letter opener is French it'll be dated. The one below (poor photo) looks like April 1916 if I'm deciphering it correctly.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shell Art- Dagger/Letter Opener  

I think its a good price.

?

Very kool item!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/